Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Running Out of Steam? Let Christ Be Your Strength

I rented a commercial carpet cleaner the other day.  I was skeptical but I thought I’d try it. I have to admit I was pretty amazed at the results - at least with the cleaning of the carpet. What I didn’t like was the weariness from lifting gallons of hot water and pulling a heavy machine along the carpet. Back and forth. Lift and shift.  The commercial says this machine is “screaming mad at dirt”. But I say it was screaming mad at me! 

The next morning I found achy muscles and a sore back. I had to move very slowly! But the carpet looks great! After the wrestling match I may wait until more muscle is around to attempt this. I have to admit though, I am rather proud of the way things turned out.  I was wanting to give up, go to bed and hope for the best but I persevered.  As I pat myself on the back I am reminded that right about midnight I was panting and ready to quit.  And asking God to give me supernatural strength.  So it was the Lord who came through on my behalf.  I asked, He provided and I was able to finish the job.

Oh beloved, you may be running out of steam. Your last ounce of strength may be more empty than full.  The Lord hears your cries and He is answering each call on your behalf. Don’t give up. Don’t give in. Let Him take over and pull you through to victory.  Isn’t it wonderful to know that just as we admit we can do no more, He steps in and says, “but you can, through Me!” He loves to reward you through your diligence to seek Him in your trials, efforts and pain. Yay God! Yay you! One day He will put His arm around your shoulder and together you will observe the blessings that come after the work is done! What wondrous love is this to know the Creator of Heaven and Earth has your best in mind.  He loves you and He's there for you always!



Psalm 42:8  But each day the LORD pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.

Psalm 121:2  My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!

Isaiah 40:29  He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.

Isaiah 59:1 Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is His ear too deaf to hear you call.

2 Corinthians 12:9  Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

No comments: