Friday, March 28, 2014

May You Live in More Power

May You Live in More Power


We took some time to be with all our grandchildren during this week of spring break. We did a trek to the DeSoto Bluff area on the Caddo River and then on to the lower lake area of Lake DeGray for some kite flying. It had been windy most of the day but when we got out to the lake the wind wasn’t consistent. Grandsons would take turns trying to run as Popaw held the stri...ng and then vice versa. Finally, they gave up. Without enough wind strong enough to lift the kite and keep it flying, there was just a lot of work running and trying and failing to get airborne.

God spoke to my heart: You are destined to run and fly with Me. But you’ll never truly get off the ground nor have sustained momentum without the wind of the Holy Spirit. You may run short distances, jump low boundaries and have little bursts of energy, but without the Holy Spirit there is no chance you will succeed, even in the good times. I AM not concerned about what you can or cannot do in the flesh. I AM not about your education or your stock portfolio or your hobbies. I AM beyond all that. And because I want you to fly high with Me, I AM overlooking the things of the flesh that you count as such value. I don’t use personal bests, I overcome personal weakness. Whether you are overlooking the bluff of fear or you are running the race of hardship, I AM going to show you how to live life in Me. Hang on to the string of My Word, because you are headed beyond yourself. Worn out? Tired? Stretched thin? Hit the ground face down? That’s alright. Now we will go together and I will lead. My Spirit is your only opportunity to maintain momentum of your faith, your life or your love. Other folks may look like they are doing great things, maybe even for God, but unless they are moved and have their being solely in Christ they are just doing so much exercise. In Me you will succeed where before you have failed. In Me you will sustain growth where you have lost ground before. Don’t look back to the way it was, just run forward, under My guidance and in My power and you will go where you’ve never gone before. The past is just that, passed – it’s not something you can relive or regain, but beloved, I AM teaching you to rely on Me alone, so that you have strength beyond yourself for everything you need in the days ahead.

Oh beloved, aren’t you blessed! You no longer have to struggle to make yourself look good or be good. You don’t have to hope you have the strength to keep up appearances. You can soar with the eagles and fly high as the birds while holding onto Jesus. He will take you beyond yourself and into His flight pattern, sustained by His Holy Spirit wind and the Word of God. You’ve been struggling and getting tied up in knots trying to overcome your past, make things happen or to be somebody, but that no longer matters. Let God untangle the mess and release you from the flesh. His perfect will is found in Him alone. Your perfect plan for life is found in Him as well. Rejoice in the weakness as you learn to live in the power of the Holy Spirit and live a life that is built completely on Christ.

God loves you and He’s for you, so you can let go the things that are holding you down, grab hold of Him and fly!

Zechariah 4:6 Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts.

Psalm 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow, Nor will my sword save me.

2 Chronicles 32:8 “With him is only an arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people relied on the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

Psalm 75:10 For God says, “I will break the strength of the wicked, but I will increase the power of the godly.

Psalm 23:3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.

No comments: