Thursday, May 01, 2014

He Heals the Brokenhearted


I broke my favorite glass a few days ago. It shattered practically in my face, as I had it sitting on the counter in front of me. I reached for something in the cabinet and a small glass jar fell out and right onto that favorite drinking glass. It was a mess, but I swept up and cleaned the counter of all the glass and moved on. At least I thought it was all cleaned up.
My foot started hurting the next day. I just figured the new pair of shoes I was wearing caused the problem. I changed shoes and it still hurt. Finally yesterday morning I took a much closer look at my foot. I saw a small dark circle. I rubbed the circle and could feel something there. I got out my flashlight, took off my glasses and looked closely. I saw dried blood and pressed in that area. Fresh blood showed on my foot as I squeezed the painful area. To my surprise a large piece of glass came out! Once I rid myself of the pain, totally extracting the source of it, my foot no longer hurts.
There are times when our favorite thing is shattered. It may be a friendship, a relationship, a ministry, a job or…. We hurt and wish it wasn’t so. We try to tidy up the mess and move on. The only problem with it is sometimes there is residual pain. We try to ignore it, walk over it, do other things but the pain lingers. We cleaned this mess up, we argue with ourselves. Yet the pain is still there. Everywhere we go we feel it. The pain will remain until we take the time to examine the point of the pain itself. That takes time, slowing down, turning off the distractions. We may have to let someone look at it for us if it is in a difficult place.
We have to let God look at our pain. He will examine it and through prayer and the Word we will be rid of the source of pain completely. Without His touch it will continue to fester and affect every other area of our lives. It may have looked like a minor thing but without the Lord’s intervention we are destined to remain in agony. We will hobble around in our life and never get relief. But when God touches our soreness, our pain, our agony of spirit mind or body, we are truly healed. We are healed so well that we can let new blessings come into our lives. We won’t be so worried about what might get shattered for we are intimately acquainted with the Healer Himself.
Oh beloved, don’t you think it’s time to let God have a look? Jesus went to the cross so that you wouldn’t have to carry the shards of hurts around with you. He doesn’t want you crippled or hindered in any way. It’s only when you let Him see the hurt, remove the pain and cleanse the wound that you can walk freely another day. Give it all to Him. He already knows and He’s waiting for you to let go. He understands the feelings you have about it all. He cares that you have been injured. But He wants you to be delivered of the hindrances to walking free. The momentary pressure of God’s work is worth the release of the pain. The closer you let God into the pain the more free you will be.
God loves you and He’s for you and He is the only Healer who can make things better and change the pain into His glory. Rejoice in His Truth as you live in the light of His healing touch.
Psalm 107:20 He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.
Romans 15:4 For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
Psalm 57:2 I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me.
I Peter 5:7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

No comments: