Monday, July 30, 2012

Pass THROUGH!

Danny had seen the sign, Rustic Furniture, and he knows how much I love anything rustic so yesterday afternoon on our way home, he pulled into the store’s parking lot. As we walked in I was like a kid in a candy store! Everywhere I looked I saw something I liked and wanted to take home with me! Just as we were leaving, having soaked up just about everything my eyes could handle, I spied it sittin...g on a dining table. It was a plaster bowl. This huge oval bowl contained a three dimensional scene of horses going down into the water and back out the other side. Horses in various stages of water depths and streaming water off the back of the one coming out of the water first, getting his footing as he found solid ground again. This morning I am reminded of that beautiful bowl. The horses were going through. They were not floundering or drowning, simply going through.




Oh beloved, what a wonderful promise of God we see this morning! He says to you and He says to me, “When you pass through the waters” Hallelujah what a Savior! While He does not promise that all our days will be easy, He does promise they will not last forever, the hard ones, those days that sap our strength and take our breath! Run to His Word this morning and cling to Him! Don’t stop in the midst of your troubles, but look to the Lord Who will get you through. Not only that, but he will bring you out on the other side in magnificent triumph! Because He loves you completely and He’s for you all the way and truly He is all that really matters!



Isaiah 43:2-3 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.



Romans 8:37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.



Psalm 54:7 You have delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.



Psalm 118:15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!

No comments: