Friday, December 13, 2013

Repeat the Sounding Joy of Life in Christ!


How many books and movies have begun with these words: “It all started with…”  As I was reading these words this morning, “It all started with a young man named Brother Andrew saying yes to God in 1955” the Lord began to speak to my heart.  The story unfolds of the man who started smuggling Bibles into countries so that someone could read God’s Word.  He did not set out to set the world on fire, but God lit His heart with the fire of the Gospel and the rest is history. (you can read more about his life at http://www.inspirationalchristians.org/brother-andrew/ )

As I think of Christmas I hear those words, “it all started with” God Incarnate appearing in the form of a baby. He went on to satisfy the regulations against us and free us from the law of sin and death.  But more, He set us free from ourselves. He set us free to be more than we ever could on our own. No education, no bank account, no accolades can give us a new life. Only God can do that.

As I think of you this morning, beloved, I think how “it all started out with” Jesus calling you unto Himself. 
You didn’t wake up one morning and say I think I’ll give God a try. No, He wooed you and beckoned you and called you. Until one day you heard Him. Your heart responded and the rest is history. And the never ending saga of the Gospel is continuing for you. You are not done. You are not finished. You are just beginning. You are standing on the cliff of glory. You are stepping out into what seems a chasm of trials, disappointments and errors. But no, look again. It all starts with Jesus, who has touched your heart and taken it for His own.

Oh beloved, your story is so incredible! It is full of the Christmas message, full of the Gospel song, and full of the music of the glory of God, for He is in resident in your heart and you are His. He is carefully watching over your life and all the events that involve you. Even those things that seem so out of control are cared for.  And since “it all started with” Him, beloved, it will all “finish”.  No short term trip this life in Christ. For you are His beloved and His banner over you is love.

Relax in this holy season. Rejoice in His love. Remain in His service. Relinquish the hurt and pain and concern and enter into the joy of His never ending, magnificent care! He loves you and He’s for you and that’s why you can repeat the sounding joy with the carolers of old and rest in the light of His Word.

Psalm 43:4 There I will go to the altar of God, to God—the source of all my joy. I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God!

John 15:11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with My joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

2 Peter 1:4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Psalm 146:6 He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever.

Romans 12:8 I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts He has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.


Deuteronomy 7:6 For you are a holy people, who belong to the Lord your God. Of all the people on earth, the Lord your God has chosen you to be His own special treasure.

No comments: