Wednesday, February 12, 2014

God Will Provide You the Best Place


When I was a girl the piano was my place of solace. If I was having a heartache moment I would play the Moonlight Sonata. (or Hey Jude, or Rainy Days and Mondays) Gentle melodies with lots of play across the keys were my preference as they comforted my heart and got my mind off the troubles. Playing through those songs were comforting to my heart.  If I was having a lot of fun with friends or family we always ended up at the piano playing joyful songs while laughing and singing together.  Although I played in church, via the organ, the piano and assisting with praise and worship, it was those times alone at the piano that brought solace to my heart.

To say that the piano has been a huge part of my life is so true. I don’t get to sit and play for my own enjoyment very often anymore. We are busy with work and play and family and friends and ministry. There’s hardly a time to just sit at the bench and let my hands have their way with the keys.  But every once in a while, I still try to steal away to have a moment of alone time with the keyboard. When I let God set the tone and play by ear beautiful music happens. It may not be beautiful to anyone else, but that time with the keyboard in the hands of God makes for sweet melodies in my heart.

We are all looking for a place of solace. We try to find it through various things including hobbies, jobs, marriages, children, church.  Each of these things is wonderful in and of themselves and they provide much satisfaction. But the best of them are no substitute for finding time to be alone with God.  Even a marriage cannot give you the satisfaction that God alone can. A hobby is just busy work unless the Lord’s hands are in it. We cannot find the peace we’re looking for in anything else. Everything on earth is fallible. Everything we find we love can be taken from us or broken.

Yesterday God spoke to my heart. He said “The thing you enjoy so much, that one thing that you alone find reward in – that is how I want your life in Me to be like. My desire is that you will feel so one with Me that other things will not distract you. That single minded fellowship with Me comes from the confidence you have as you seek My face.  It won’t happen in the busy times. This special intimacy comes only from spending time alone with Me. I am your Teacher and I have much to show you of My love, My mercy, My grace and My provision. You may be frazzled, worn out, stressed and overdoing everything yet finding no peace or joy in the doing. Come away with Me and find exactly what you are looking for. I will help you to make sweet music in your heart and your life that will spill over into others’ lives.

Oh beloved, steal away! Find time to be alone with your King.  You are meant to be rested, at peace and able to do all that your life has for you to do. God gives strength to the weary, purpose to the lonely, joy to the suffering and hope to the hopeless. Only time with the King will give you what you are looking for. That love you so desire and that confidence you are looking for are found only in the Lord. Jesus is the way to the Father and the Holy Spirit can make the little time expand into great treasure for you when you spend time with Him.

God loves you and He’s for you and that’s there will always be sweet blessings in your alone time with Him.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.

Psalm 63:6-8 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.  My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 27:8 You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word]. Amplified

Acts 2:28 ‘You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of gladness with Your presence.


1 Chronicles 16:11 Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.

No comments: