Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Learning to Lean

When the young man picks you up for a date while he's on a motorcycle you pretty much know motorcycling is going to be a part of your life. Over the years we had all kinds of bikes. Some had passenger pegs, some had sissy bars, some had fairings. But all had to lean in the curves. I always said leaning was easy for Danny because he learned to ride in West Texas winds. Leaning was always harder for me. I found that while I trusted Danny I didn't always trust the motorcycle! I had to learn the principle that if you don't lean in the curves, you won't make them. As I discovered Danny knew what he was doing, I could relax and trust the person who knew far more about handling the road than I did. Some curves were so treacherous that I just had to close my eyes and hold on till it was over. Oh beloved, are you facing the curves of life? Are you wondering about the road ahead? Is the present just a little too hard to face? Lean on the Lord! Let him lead you through the present circumstances. While leaning on Him is essential the worst of roads won't last forever. Eventually the road will smooth out again and you'll be riding with ease. Just know that regardless of what is looming in your life, trusting Christ is the only way to get through it all. Not only will you get through it, but you'll find yourself enjoying the everyday ride better as well! He loves you, He can be trusted and He truly knows what He's doing! Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Psalm 9:10 And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God’s Word and the right of their necessity]. Psalm 62:8 Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us (a fortress and a high tower). Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

No comments: