Friday, May 04, 2012

Root or Shoot!

Root or shoot. Last night we went to a grandson's ballgame. Before the game he told me he wanted me to hoop and holler when he hit the ball. So, being the good grandmother I am, I did just that! Once he hit the ball so well that I hollered, Woo Hoo! Way to go Blakely! As he left home plate to run towards 1st base he turned to look at me with such glee in his eyes! He loved being rooted for! I thin...k he grew in stature a couple of inches. He was proud of himself and he knew that we all were proud of him. It can go differently for kids. Sometimes parents major on the minors. They critique to the point that instead of building their kids up they put them down. You see the outcome in various ways. low shoulders, shrugs, head down, and even taunting of other kids, eager to point out their mistakes. Oh beloved, perhaps you've been shot down. Instead of someone rooting for you, you feel you're being shot at! You try to dodge the bullets of anger, animosity, unforgiveness and fault finding. Maybe you've been the brunt of it so long you find yourself doing the same thing to others. Shooting always finds victims, but rooting always brings victory! I promise, on the authority of God's Word that He never shoots, He always roots. Even when His children are having problems, He's there in the stands whooping and waving you on to victory! He's walking with you into the dugout when the world says You're Out! He's holding your hand and telling you to hang in there beloved! He loves you, He has a wonderful plan for your life and He's nicknamed you Winner! Romans 15:4 Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled. Ephesians 4:29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Philippians 2:1-2 Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Psalm 62:7 My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.

No comments: