Thursday, August 01, 2013

Tune Your Heart to God


Young people don’t have a clue what a transistor radio is. Remember the days when we would have to move them around till they faced the frequency of our favorite station? Or when we’d put them in the window to touch the metal screen to get a better signal?

We loved our stations. Some of the best were far away. Sometimes we’d go out in the yard and move the car or truck around to get it pointed r...ight and listen to music with all the windows down. If the weather was right you could hear foreign language radio as well. 

Back in the day you had to have your TV antennae outside or your rabbit ears inside turned a certain way as well. In order to tune in, to receive a clear picture and hear well it all had to line up with the station’s signal.

God speaks to my heart yet again. Just like tuning the radio, I have to tune my heart towards Him.

If I’m having trouble hearing Him, if I have issues I can’t seem to get through and distortion abounds, if my heart can’t receive, I am the one who must adjust. It’s not for God to adjust Himself to me. If the reception is off and the signal is weak I am going to be weak and unable to hear His message to me. If I don’t know what He’s saying them I’m going to be in trouble.

It’s only by God’s grace and my willingness to tune my heart towards Him that I even get up in the morning. Without Him I can do nothing. Without His touch every single day I would be without a signal for my daily walk. Without my tuning towards Him I would hear nothing but the noise and static of life.

Has your signal gotten weak? Are you trying to make up your own music and listen to the world’s message? Life will drown out every signal from God. Circumstances will keep the world tuned in and God tuned out. Many things want to drown out the sound of His voice to keep us from hearing the Lord clearly. Life can be so hard and the days so mundane that when we fail to tune our hearts to Him we become more and more frustrated and eventually we will be worn out and done in.

Oh beloved! There is hope! There is peace! There is joy! None of those things can be found while tuning in to this world. But they can be found in abundance through our faith in God. Do you hear the still small voice beckoning you with love to stop this morning and adjust your hearing? He calls you by name! Turn your heart towards His voice and keep turning it until you hear clearly again! Your life will be blessed, your strength will be renewed and the fog will clear in your life. Others will be blessed as well as you teach them to tune in to God for their every need.

God has put His signal of love out so strongly that the weakest can hear and live! And He surrounds you with His Word, His love and His care so when you do walk out into the world you’ll be victorious, overcoming every obstacle that comes your way because you are tuned in to Him everywhere you go!


Psalm 125:4 O Lord, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with You.

Proverbs 2:2 Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.

Psalm 34:9-11 O fear the Lord, you His saints [revere and worship Him]! For there is no want to those who truly revere and worship Him with godly fear. The young lions lack food and suffer hunger, but they who seek (inquire of and require) the Lord [by right of their need and on the authority of His Word], none of them shall lack any beneficial thing. Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you to revere and worshipfully fear the Lord. (AMP)

Isaiah 45:9 I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek Me if I could not be found. I, the LORD, speak only what is true and declare only what is right.

Amos 5:4 For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel, "Seek Me that you may live.”

No comments: