Thursday, May 08, 2014

Are You Feeling Drought of the Heart?

Pour Your Heart Out to the Lord

Traveling through parts of Texas we couldn’t help but notice that the drought is still a present menace to the country. Huge lakes are now small ponds and roaring rivers are at a standstill. The spring flowers haven’t been able to show their true colors for lack of water. It is time to pray for God to send rain.
Water conservation is very important, especially south and west of where we live. We’ve known what it means to pay for a shower and pay to use a bathroom. Precious is every drop and those who know the want of water understand the importance of saving every last handful.  Being frugal with water keeps them from having to worry so much about running out. But it could happen.
Often it feels like life itself is so precious that we don’t want to let go of one moment. We want God to know all our needs, but we don’t want to be honest with Him. Instead we choose frugality that turns into stinginess.  We’re unsure of sharing what we have for fear that we will run out. Or fear that the one we share with will take too much and we’ll be left without enough.
Can we trust God for the return of what we give out? Can we trust God to lay our needs before Him and pour out our hearts like water giving everything to Him? Are we thirsty and drought stricken enough to be desperate for Him?
God wants you and me, precious one to pour out our hearts to Him.  He wants us to give it all and spare nothing. Only in giving it all completely, without worry or holding back, do we find our answers. And He wants you and me to know that everything we share with Him is precious, for He even stores all our tears.  There is no cost for pouring our hearts out to Him because Jesus paid the cost at Calvary. We will never run out of prayers and God will never run out of answers.
Oh beloved, God sees that which you’ve been holding onto. He knows you want to ask Him but you are concerned that once it is poured out it can never be returned. But beloved, you are not saving for a drought of faith. That only comes when you withhold things from Him. In pouring it all out we receive more in return. Lavishly, luxuriously, deeply His answers flow to you as you trust Him more and more. And your faith grows like a watered country as your rivers and lakes of assurance fill up and overflow. Your faith in the Lord becomes lush and green and fruitful. You need God’s touch on your desperate places of dryness so that new life can revive the dead worries, fears and problems.
God loves you and He is for you. You can trust Him to quench your thirsty soul whenever you need with no thought of holding back from you. Do not hold back from Him. Pour it all out and see what He will do for you.
Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows.  You have collected all my tears in Your bottle.  You have recorded each one in Your book.
Lamentations 2:19 …Pour out your hearts like water to the Lord.  Lift up your hands to Him in prayer…
Psalm 62:8 O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, because He hears my voice and my supplications.  Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
Psalm 143:6 I lift my hands to You in prayer. I thirst for You as parched land thirsts for rain.
Isaiah 44:3 For I [the Lord] will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.

No comments: