Wednesday, May 07, 2014

What Fears?


Early yesterday morning before daylight I heard something akin to a chicken cluck in one of our bedrooms. Deciding it must be a toy, Danny and I went into the bedroom to investigate. Finding nothing, we had our coffee and Danny headed out for the day. As I was enjoying my last cup of coffee and having my quiet time I heard it again, a little louder. After hearing it the third time I knew there was something inside the house making a noise. The third noise was louder and longer. I could not locate that noise no matter how much I looked. We had already looked in the toy room, so it couldn’t be a toy. How can I protect myself from something that is yet unidentified?
Imaginations run wild at times. Imagined or real threats tend to startle us and give us great concern. When I got home that afternoon it turns out it was in fact a toy, but a toy that had been left in the bathroom after the grandkids tried to play with it in the bathtub. Once it got wet the barn animal noises it makes just went off randomly (and weirdly because of low batteries). What seemed to be something real was actually nothing.
I read a quote from Dr. David Jeremiah that reminded me of a truth that I must embrace no matter what I am dealing with: “Protection in one hand, blessing in the other. No sheep in God’s flock could ask for more.”
The sheep of God’s pasture are much like the sheep of the field. Without God’s care things can easily spook the sheep. They will run helter skelter and not watch where they are going. A noise in the bushes or from the hill and they are startled and ready to bolt. But we are not mere sheep of the pasture; we are HIS sheep, in HIS care, with blessings in one hand and protection in the other! We have mortal enemies – the satanic realm – but they have no hold on us. We don’t have to be startled and run scared for our Lord is our Shepherd. At night He gives us sweet protection in our sleep. During the day He guides us, leads us, feeds us and nourishes us with everlasting water that will never run dry.
God wants you and I to know all this so that when we are faced with adversity – whether it’s a sound from the other room or the sounds of rejection from a person, depression from the enemy, or conflict from within or without – we will stand still and see God do what only He can do.
Oh beloved, He will do it for you! He will do it because He loves you. He has called you to walk in blessings, journey protected and delight in His will for your life. No other human being or spirit being can remove those blessings and protections from you. You are HIS.He wants you to know that the more you speak the Truth over your life the more you will walk in it. The more you walk in it the more powerful you will be and fear will have to leave. Troubling things may come your way but you will never face them alone. You are always watched over by the Shepherd of your heart.
God loves you, He is for you, His hand is on you and His will is being formed within you. Rejoice and be glad! You are HIS!
Psalm 27:1-3 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread? When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident!
Isaiah 25:9 And it will be said in that day, “Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us! This is the LORD for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation!”
Hebrews 13:6 So we can say with confidence, “The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
Psalm 23:4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me.

No comments: