Wednesday, May 14, 2014

In The Hands of God

A Redeemed Life in the Hands of God

Back in the early 30’s my sister was given a Pinocchio marionette. It was quite rare and if our family still had it the worth would be very high. In the 50’s I had a Spanish senorita marionette. She was beautiful and although less priceless than the Pinocchio my sister had, she would be worth something today.  My oldest granddaughter had a dog marionette. It wasn’t worth much in dollars, but as a little girl she loved to play with that.  Three different puppets, three different levels of worth, and loved by three different generations of little girls.
Yet for all the hoopla of the marionettes, not one of the three had anything it could do on its own. Without the strings and the wooden paddle controls a marionette is just a lump of parts. For all the antique price and the rarity of any of them, they are just limp on their own. Each of us as children, from three different generations, managed to get our own strings so tied up and sound around the puppet. I can remember working and working on mine only to get it tangled time after time. I was not good at being a puppeteer. The best I could do was dangle the puppet around for a short time. In my hands and the hands of my sister and my granddaughter, the puppets were mere toys. Only with the touch of the master puppeteer do they truly come to life.
Life has become a tangled mess hasn’t it? You’ve tried to make your life work but things just keep getting wound around. You’ve made a declaration that you can do it all and achieve something in your own power, but the power of your own hand is not enough. The best of us can only achieve so much. The greatest educator, the finest orator, the most magnificent speaker are only using their own talents. Even the greatest become a tangled mess when they are in their own hands. Even the finest of intentions and the greatest and loftiest attempts in the flesh aren’t going to get you where you want to be.
Oh beloved. It’s time to let the Master do His magnificent work. He will take your life and redeem it through the blood of the Lamb. Then He will lovingly remold you into a new creation altogether. He will attach His Spirit into your heart. He will help you in every area of your life. The more you give yourself to Him the more wonderful your life will be. Those who seem so able to perform are not to be envied because you, filled with His Spirit, will outshine them all. Quit looking at overachievers in the flesh and wishing you could be one of them. The flesh profits nothing. Only what is in the hands of God is real. Only a life put in the hands of God will do.
God speaks to my heart and yours: I AM. There is no other. Don’t let your life be wasted by another day of wooden living. Come alive with Me. I love you and I AM for you and that’s what will make all the difference each and every day of your life. Don’t waste another moment slumped in a heap because others have deemed you useless or worthless. You are precious in My sight and that’s what matters. Don’t keep tangling yourself up trying to find value for you are Mine.
God loves you precious one, and He is for you. That’s the way of blessing – letting Him have His way for your whole life. Nothing is more beautiful than a redeemed life in the hands of Almighty God.
Jeremiah 10:23 I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course.
Psalm 119:117 Uphold me that I may be safe, That I may have regard for Your statutes continually.
Acts 17:25 and human hands can’t serve His needs–for He has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and He satisfies every need.
Psalm 138:8 The Lord will work out His plans for my life— for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever…
Psalm 103:4 He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.

No comments: