Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Do You Know the Love that Will Not Let You Go?


Last night as I was texting back and forth with a friend about God’s magnificent wonderful love for her, for me, for us, an old hymn came to my mind. “Oh love that will not let me go!” 

As I heard those words sung into my heart I saw my father and me at the train station in San Antonio Texas in the 60’s.  He had traveled the world over and seen so many things, rode so many trains, taken so many flights. While living in Tyler he decided he wanted to take me on a “real” train ride. So we left Tyler together and traveled all the way to San Antonio, via observation car and had a meal as well from a dining car. I don’t know if you can even experience this type of train trip anymore. It was fantastic! But what comes to mind as I ponder the words to this song is my father himself.

He was a big man, 6’2” and 270 pounds. The station in San Antonio was huge! Many trains going and coming on many tracks. But my father held my hand and kept me so safe! I felt so dwarfed by the sights and sounds of the station and even by my father! But I knew as my father held my hand I was totally kept safe in this crazy place full of hustle and bustle. I was holding his hand all the time, but I can assure you, my father was holding on the tightest. Nothing would have caused him to let go of me.

Oh beloved, this morning as you are waking up, I hope that you know how incredibly loved you are by the Father! I hope you know that regardless of your circumstances, the ones that dwarf you as you look at them, you will  know that the Lord has you by His hand – this hand that says – I will not let you go! I will not let you be harmed! I will not sleep or slumber or leave you! Ever. Others may fall away, others may quit and give up and say enough, but not Me, for I AM perfect love! I AM the One who will lead you forever! I AM the One who has sealed you by My love. Trust Me and together we will make it all the way to heaven! I have you always in the palm of my hand. Oh beloved, you see it is not your hand that has Mine but My hand that has yours and I will never ever let go!

So that beloved, we can sing with the choirs of heaven and earth, “Oh love that will not let me Go! I rest my weary soul in Thee!”  

Psalm 94:14 For the Lord will not abandon His people, Nor will He forsake His inheritance.

Psalm 56:4  By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me? (NAS)

Psalm 3:5  I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me.

Psalm 107:8  Let them praise the LORD for His great love and for the wonderful things He has done for them.

No comments: