Wednesday, January 30, 2013

God is Faithful and That's Enough to Go to Him


When I was a little girl, my dad sent a check with me each Monday morning to school. The check paid for lunch and milk. Faithfully I deposited the check with the teacher and went through the lunch line daily.  For some reason, I don’t even remember why now, I got the idea that cool kids (not what we called them then lol) didn’t drink milk with their lunch.  I may have been made fun of. Who knows? Anyway, I decided to fix that. I changed the check to reflect only enough money for lunch sans milk. Now keep in mind I might have been 8 years old at the most! Looking back on this, I know it didn’t look like my daddy had done the check. I still have the scene in my mind: My daddy coming to school and asking me what happened to the check.  I was terrified but I told him the truth. The rest is history.

Oftentimes when we’re faced with a situation or a predicament or a decision, we resort to fixing things our way.  I know there are times I certainly do, how about you?  We fix and we redo and we finagle and wonder. We try to get ourselves out of a tight spot, make ourselves feel better, make it easier on ourselves and more.   We are not expecting a day of reckoning, when the things we try to muddle out in the flesh come to a dead end. 

Oh beloved, God wants you to know this day that you are His! And because you are His, He has written everything out in detail for you – His Word is your financial, spiritual, physical and life planning guide! He wants you to know that when you get off His mark, He will help you get things back in order. He won’t treat you bad when you come to Him. He won’t turn you away on the brink of disaster and tell you to handle it yourself!  He won’t say No to you ever! He welcomes you with open arms and an open heart. No matter what you’ve done, no matter what situation you are in, no matter how big a predicament you find yourself in, He is there!

Run to your Father God this morning! If you need to confess a wrong, do it! He will never turn you away, refuse to forgive or make you pay.  His Essence is forgiveness. If you need help in troubles, ask Him for it. His Essence is Help. If you just want to rest in His loving arms and feel like His favorite child, go for it! He will always love you and He is always for you and that’s all that really matters!

2 Samuel 22:7 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I cried to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry reached His ears.

Psalm 145:13 For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations. The Lord always keeps His promises; He is gracious in all He does.

Psalm 31:22 In panic I cried out, “I am cut off from the Lord!” But You heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help.

Psalm 145:19 He grants the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cries for help and rescues them.
(Oh Beloved! Live in the Light of His Word!  Rebekah Beene c January 30, 2013)

No comments: