Monday, June 17, 2013

God Understands You Even When It's Hard to Speak

We have a gps in our car. It’s voice activated. Sounds awesome in theory, but just try to speak a destination to it. You have to say “destination, address, city, state” quickly and clearly. Otherwise you may get a map to Tucumcari instead of Texarkana.


The gps has a hard time understanding my TexArk dialect. Try as I might, it just doesn’t understand me. Often I get frustrated and use my cell ph...one for directions because I can type them in. I have a destination I need to get to and all I need is for it to respond to the information I give it. Then together with its help I can get there! We can arrive at an understanding and then the trip gets made!

Everyone wants to be understood. Check the bookstores. Watch the talk shows. Listen to your friend, your mate, your child. In marriage it’s imperative that both partners understand one another. Without mutual understanding there’s not real communication. Without coming to agreement and knowing one another’s needs and hopes there’s no direction and no plan to follow. It all comes up garbled at best and frustrated at least and turning each other off and going to another device at worst. There’s no way to make it to where you want to go in life, whether it’s in a marriage, a life plan or a heart’s desire without being understood.

Are you having trouble being understood? Have you tried to express yourself over and over only to be shunned, ignored or rebuked? Have your feelings, hopes and dreams been devalued or misunderstood? Are you about ready to throw the gps out the window and try a new method? You may be thinking that if you could just find someone who could understand you better it might be worth the detour. It’s rough when you can’t be heard, aren’t listened to or tuned out completely isn’t it?

Oh beloved! There is One Who understands you completely! He is knows how hard your way has been, how serious your problems are and how much you want to have a clear path and a good trip through this life! He has made you to desire to know His way and walk in His precepts. Don’t look to the world for your direction! He is calling you this morning and He speaks loving direction into your life. His ways are so much better for you and will always take you exactly where you need to be as a child of the Most High God!

Trust the Lord and seek His direction, for He loves you and He’s for you and that will keep you on the right path forever!

Psalm 139:1-2 O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away

Jeremiah 24:7 I will give them a heart to know Me, for I am the Lord; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart. (NAS)

Proverbs 5:21 For the LORD sees clearly what man does, examining every path he takes.

Psalm 86:11 Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.

No comments: