Sunday, June 02, 2013

Have You Applied Your SPAM Filter?


The good news is I am still able to learn new things!  The bad news is I didn’t want to learn what I learned recently while working on my blog I’ve been posting on for quite a few years. I was looking at the comments under the admin part of the blog. I’ve never done this before. Actually I had no idea how many comments were being made!

As I started looking, I was excited to see lots of comments. But when I looked into them, most of which said, “I like your content, visit my blog at…”, I discovered many of them were spam! They were tricks to get me to go to their website and view either things I was neither interested in nor wanted to know. Yuck! 

I quickly learned how to change the settings on the blog so that now the comments will be moderated. That means I can check them through an email to make sure they line up with my values and that they are truly a comment from someone who found encouragement from the Lord or who wants to encourage me as I write. If they don’t line up I will not okay the comment to be posted. I will not let it through.

It made me think about how so many thoughts invade our minds on a daily basis. As believers we may be letting more in than we want. From television shows to internet searches, there is much out there that is totally at opposite with our life in Christ. An off-handed comment, a little dig or a stab at something and we find ourselves trusting what we were never meant to believe. If we let just any old comment enter our mind or let some television’s “truth” become our truth, we are going to find ourselves in the middle of yuck! We’ll be bogged down in spam mail to our hearts and feeling down, discouraged and depressed.

Have you been filtering your spam mail? Do you know how to filter everything through the Word of God so that you don’t get bogged down? God’s filter works every single time you apply it.  It works efficiently and sufficiently – you don’t lose anything you really need and you get everything of what you always need.

Oh beloved, Run to His Word this morning and hear Him speak those love words into your heart – don’t let things through that don’t line up! You cannot allow your thoughts to wander away from the truth of the Word, you cannot allow your eyes to see that which doesn’t match up with God’s Word. And you cannot believe outright lies that try to take over your life. You may have received Spam mail but you can reject it by the power of God’s Word! He speaks to you this morning and says I AM the one who loves you enough to keep you safe. I AM the way, the truth and the life – nothing else is true but what I say. Regardless of what you’ve heard, read or seen – I AM telling you that I will watch over you, guide you and keep you safe all the days of your life. Apply My Truth to every area and watch as you remain Free in My love for you and you stand Fully in my abiding care. I love you and I’m for you and that is what keeps you free!

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.  We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

John 8:36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

No comments: