Saturday, September 28, 2013

God Answers in Agape Love


 

This morning I am reminded of conversations heard throughout the generations, including conversations I had with my own children. Can you remember your parent being so busy that when you finally got their attention they shot out, “What do you WANT!?” with a good dose of irritation they would turn their attention away from whatever to you.  I can remember feeling a little ashamed of interrupting. I’m sure at those times I was short with my own children they felt something other than love and care as well. We are human parents and we occasionally get it wrong. It’s just one of those things. Fortunately most parents aren’t always distracted by life and we all know how we love our children and desire their best.  As mine are now older I cherish a heartfelt conversation with each of them.

Sometimes we think God is like an earthly parent. He’s too busy. He has too much on His mind. Others are more in need of His time. He doesn’t care, He isn’t available, it doesn’t matter.  We’re concerned that He will rebuke us or get angry with our interruption of Him.  We often put earthly personality issues into our relationship with the Lord.

God speaks to my heart: Precious child of God, when you call out to Me, you will never hear that harsh voice that is irritated at the interruption. You never have to worry that I AM not going to answer you with Agape Love, for I AM your Father and I AM love. My essence and very nature are perfect love. So when you call out to Me, because I AM God, I hear you. Not only do I hear you precious one, I already have the answer in My hand, formed from the foundation of the world. Before the world was, My answers were available. Before you were a glimmer in your parents’ eyes, I was holding you in My heart.

Oh beloved! Do you understand? Do you know who you are IN CHRIST? Do you realize that God is a loving Father, He makes no mistakes, He misleads no one, He never lies, He’s never too tired or too distracted. He is here, right now, for YOU.  You may not know where you are, you may be in very unfamiliar territory, you may feel that you are walking in a dark cave with no light whatsoever, but you are walking in the presence of God – you walk with Him if you are IN HIM.  And you are IN HIM when you are born again. We leave behind the country of humanity – short tempers, distracted minds, busy lives – and travel into the spiritual country of God’s welcoming arms.

Go ahead, reach out and talk to the Father, for He delights in hearing from you and talking with you. He loves you and He’s for you and that’s what makes a relationship with Him so absolutely wonderful all the days of your life!

Psalm 116:1-2 I love the LORD, because He hears My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live. (NAS)

Psalm 118:21 I thank You for answering my prayer and giving me victory! (NLT)

Ephesians 5:8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light (NAS)

Philippians 4:6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. (NLT)

Isaiah 30:19 O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you. (NAS)

No comments: