Monday, September 16, 2013

Having Trouble Keeping Your Eyes on the Lord?

 
Chameleons are one of the most interesting creatures God ever created. Most recognized for their ability to change colors depending on their surroundings, it’s amazing how they can go from deep green when on leaves to mottled brown when they’re on limbs or on the ground.

But the most fascinating thing to me about chameleons is their eyes. They can rotate and focus separately to observe two different objects simultaneously; their eyes move independently from each other. They can focus on two entirely different things at one time. This would probably be really helpful if they were looking for food and watching for predators.

God created humankind to have eyes that focus together. For us to have to look in two different directions would be hard, even chaotic. Our minds would continually try to decide what we were going to concentrate on.

God speaks to my heart. In order for us to focus on God we must keep our eyes on God. We cannot afford to look in two different directions. But truth be told, often we do just that. We look to the Lord for answers, but we are also looking at our problems, our troubles, our hurts, our fears and more. We have divided eyesight, which causes a divided heart. And a divided heart causes our faith to falter.

Have you been struggling with your vision? Have you tried to focus on the truth and at the same time keep looking to the problem? Have you tried walking in truth and yet you want to fix the problem yourself? Are you dizzy from the chaos of a divided heart and mind? For that which you focus on is where your heart and mind surely are. God’s Word says you will get through it, go beyond it or grow in it. But your eyes keep straying to the problem at hand.

Oh beloved, do you hear God whispering His love songs into your ear? He says to you this morning, beloved, look to Me. I AM the Lord. There is no other. I AM with you in your circumstances and I AM here to take you out of the chaos and mess and into My heart. In My heart there is peace in the midst of the storm, water in the midst of the drought, and warmth in the midst of the cold harsh realities of life. If you will put your eyes on Me, I will take you beyond the mundane to the magnificent. I will show you My abundance for you in your lack. I will give you My strength instead of your weakness.

Look to the Lord, concentrate on Him, give every situation to Him. When you focus solely on Him, not only do the problems get solved, you will experience His peace and joy.

God loves you, beloved, and He’s for you and that’s what really matters every day of your life.

Psalm 123:1 I lift my eyes to You, O God, enthroned in heaven.

Psalm 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So our eyes look to the Lord our God, Until He is gracious to us.

2 Samuel 22:31 God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.

Jeremiah 32:27 I AM the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?

No comments: