Wednesday, January 29, 2014

God's Plans for you Are Wonderful!


“For I know the plans I have for you…” 

Today is my birthday. We all celebrate birthdays in one way or another. To celebrate the birth of a person is no little thing. It’s amazing that of all the days of a year, we all had an ordained day for our presentation to the world. God’s plan. I know all of us have parents who wanted a baby or adoptive parents who wanted to bring us home, but the date of our arrival was no accident. He knew. Before the foundation of the world, He knew you were going to be here. He knew I was going to be here.

God ordained a lot of great things for my life. Along with those great things, there have been some close calls and near death experiences. There have been some things that weren’t so fun. There have been some out –of- this- world wonderful things. My life has been nothing usual; it’s been all very amazing, even in the hard times. For that I am grateful. For seeing God’s hand as I look back on my entire life I am thankful. For Christ bending down and picking me up for His own I worship Him every single day. Good and bad, mixed together, life is beautiful as I look to Him and wait for His plans to continue to unfold in my life.

Your life is no accident either. You weren’t born at the wrong time or under the wrong circumstances. God knows the plans He has for you. He had your days numbered before you were even a glimmer in your family’s eyes. You weren’t a mistake. God’s plans for you were wonderful and they still are. I know things can be rough. I know not everything is perfect in life. 

Today is a choice. We can be sorry about what’s not perfect or we can rejoice in the goodness of God. We can be miserable about things we cannot change or we can rejoice that we’ve made it this far. We can curse the junk that doesn’t really matter or wecan bless the Lord that we’re still here.

Oh beloved, God knows the plans He has for you! You are uniquely God’s creation. It’s the day to rejoice in your birth for God has wonderful plans for you! His plans for you are good and not evil. His plans give you a future and a hope. His plans include Christ, who is the Author and Finisher of your faith. Today is your day too. Choose joy over misery. Choose blessing over cursing. Choose to let God love you and rest in His promises. What a wonderful thing it is to be born. And at such a time as this, you are right where you need to be to reach out to God and let Him lead you. 

Precious one, focus on God! Focus on the wonderful things that God has done for you. Focus on the things you love about your life. Give the things you’re not so sure about to Him and watch as He makes all things good! 

God loves you and He’s for you and that’s why you can know that His plans for you are good as you walk in faith all the days of your life!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Psalm 139:13-18 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!

Psalm 71:6 Yes, You have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb You have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising You!

No comments: