Friday, January 17, 2014

You Can Be A Fearless Follower


I like to visit with my grandchildren as often as possible. Three of them live right across the street. Sometimes I don’t get done with evening supper or chores or shopping until it’s dark and they’re inside where it’s warm and cozy. Even though they are just across the street, I think about all the stray dogs running around and the coyotes we’ve heard and the foxes we’ve seen, along with deer and other wild animals. There’s even been a bear sighting within a mile of the house. If I dwell on those things I will not walk across the street in the dark, even if I want to see them badly.

But my love for them overcomes my fear of what’s out in the dark. I enjoy their presence. I love to hear what they want to tell me. I enjoy fellowship with them and their parents. It’s worth the trip over.

God speaks to my heart:  Enjoying the presence of My Spirit often requires getting out of your comfort zone. You may feel quite cozy where you are right now, but I am a living and moving God. I want to take you beyond your coziness and further into my Holiness. You enjoy my presence and I enjoy yours. But you cannot expect Me to conform to your comfort. Trust Me when you feel you must go through the dark to get to Me. I AM light and there is no darkness in Me. Look at Me as you come closer into My presence. I will be right where you are, guiding you and blessing you even when things don’t look safe. The reward will be greater intimacy with Me and that’s the goal of your life – to be conformed to My image and walk in My presence.

Oh beloved, you may feel that your comfort is just too good to move out with God. But He’s speaking to your heart daily to trust every move of His Spirit. You may perceive a situation as the darkest of rejections, but man can do nothing to you that will keep you from Me. The fleshly rejection of human beings is nothing. They have only perceived power, just as the darkness seems to hold power over you. You can look at the dark and listen for terror or you can look at the Lord and listen for His truth. The Word of God will keep you safe and get you to the other side of the road where God is leading you. Danger lurks everywhere, but you are concealed in God’s presence. Rejoice that God is with you wherever you may go. And most assuredly you can go where He sends you because that’s where the blessing is. Is He speaking to your heart? Follow His voice. Go where He sends you. Enjoy the benefits of treading where others fear to go. You are blessed, sealed, delivered and destined for God’s call to be fulfilled in your life as you forget about the darkness and live in the Light of His Word!

God loves you and He’s for you - now follow Him fearlessly always!

Psalm 27:1,8 The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid?  The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with Me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” NLT

Hebrews 10:35 Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. AMP

Mark 1:19-20 A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee’s sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. He called them at once, and they also followed Him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men.


John 10:4 When He has brought His own sheep outside, He walks on before them, and the sheep follow Him because they know His voice.

No comments: