Saturday, September 15, 2012

Life Can Be Scary! Look to the Light of God's Word.

Being afraid of the dark as a kid was bad, but living in the city, there was always a street light. My parents also made sure there was a nightlight somewhere.  But when we went to visit with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Ruth they lived way out in the country in Arkansas and at night it was DARK! I often slept on a pallet by the bed my parents slept in.  Sometimes I’d stare out the window looking for any light. At the back of the bedroom we slept in was a chest freezer. On the front down at the bottom was an orange indicator light. As long as that light was on the freezer was working properly. When I got especially scared I would stare at that light until I fell asleep. I somehow found comfort in concentrating on that rather than my surroundings.  As daylight came, I woke up unafraid and ready to have a great time.

I know life can be scary. The things we trust in the good light of day seem so remote in the night. Darkness can come into any area of our lives from our homes to our children, to our marriages, and our livelihoods.  The enemy of our soul wants us to believe that things are hopeless and that there will never be light again.

Oh beloved, run to the One Who is the Light of the World! Jesus not only saves us from the penalty of separation from God, He also gives us hope in the night. His light will shine always to guide you no matter what you are going through. Not only does He guide us in the night, He brings us into the light of day for His Joy comes in the morning! He loves you and He says to you never fear. With Me there is hope and light. I not only bought you with a price, I will keep shining My Light to guide you all the days of your life! We can rejoice even in the night as we keep our eyes on the Light of His Word!

Psalm 89:15 Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, LORD.

John 12:46 I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.

Isaiah 42:16 NAS “I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them.  I will make darkness into light before them and rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone.”

I John 1:5 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all.
Luke 1:78-79  Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace

No comments: