Friday, September 28, 2012

Where Does Our Help Come From?

As we walked into the ER, she was talking to the nurse, “I just can’t do this without my husband. I want him to be here with me.” Married for 43 years, she knew that anything she might forget He would remember for her. She felt lost, dazed and confused. But she felt that if he was just there, things would somehow be alright or at least better. The trauma of the day had her longing for the presence of her husband who after all those years knew her every need, meds, history, fears, etc. Yes, once he got there, once she was safe in his presence, things would indeed seem much better.




I can relate. As I stood in the room, seeing her so helpless, I too was wanting my husband’s presence. All those years of marriage makes for such an intimate relationship that one truly winces when the other feels pain. You just know each other. You trust one another. Familiarity in this case does not breed contempt, but rather it breeds the need for more togetherness. Two indeed become one.



Oh beloved, are there traumas, trials or troubles in your life today? Are you feeling alone in the ER of life, wondering when comfort, joy and peace will return? Have you been trying to fix your situation only to find that it’s not possible to do it on your own? Are you wishing for someone who could come into your life and make things better, make things right?



There is One Who will be there for you always! He’s Ever Present, All Knowing, and Always watching over you. We don’t have to wait for Him to arrive on the scene because He is with us always! We don’t have to hope He cares for His Name is Faithful and True. We’re never alone, no matter what our situation. The longer we know Him, the more we can call upon Him and the more intimate our relationship is with Him. Run to the One Who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or think! He is with you, He is working things out for your good and His glory! Regardless of what you’re going through now He will see you through. You don’t have to be strong enough for He is your strength! Get out your Marriage Certificate today and read: All who call upon Him will be safe! He is your fortress and your God! He loves you, He’s with you and that’s all that really matters.



I Peter 5:7 Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.



Psalm 121:2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!



Psalm 3:4 I cried out to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy mountain.



Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.



Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments: