Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You are God's Delight and He Loves You Always!

My 2nd grade teacher was harsh and unkind to me. She was often fussy and I never felt I could do anything right. I cried daily and my stomach was always tied in knots. I could not wait to get out of her class.  Years later I met her on the street and she was so complimentary of me as a student.  She told me over and over how much she enjoyed me being in her class and told people standing with me that she loved me. It was very confusing to know how she treated me but to hear her tell others how great I was. Which was true? The way she treated me or the words she said?

Perhaps you’re dealing with those issues today. It’s hard I know. You do your job well. Whether it’s at home or at work or in the ministry – you know you’ve done the right thing. Yet you are constantly demeaned and belittled. Maybe you are just overlooked and undervalued. 

Oh beloved, the first thing you have to know is that God is with you!  He promises never to leave you or forsake you.  I promise on the authority of God’s Word that if the words are not encouraging and kind they are not from Him! He says to you, never do I speak harshly or assume wrong. My desire is to love you first and help you second. You are my delight and I will always speak love, even in correction. If you are hearing disparaging or antagonistic words they are not mine to you. I love you, I love you, I love you and I will always be for you.

Run to the shelter of His Word this morning and read!  Always know that God speaks love. Remember that as Jesus Himself stood overlooking Jerusalem, He wept! For love of the people His heart was pouring out for them even then. Trust Him to work out the issues that are causing you such hurt and frustration. Let Him lead you and watch as His marvelous plan unfolds. His plan is always full of love and is always good.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, so He does not lie. He is not human, so He does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has He ever promised and not carried it through?

Psalm 121:1-2 A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!

1 John 4:8 But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 John 4:16  We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.

No comments: