Friday, September 21, 2012

You Are So Very Precious To God! Come and See...

As a young girl I went to more A.A. meetings than church services. Some would be aghast at that fact, yet I learned a lot about God at those meetings. I learned the Lord’s Prayer and could recite God’s Word at a very early age. The members recited those verses at the end of every meeting without fail.  I learned that everybody’s in the same boat regardless of their address, position or title. Each week there would be testimony from one after another of God helping them out of their struggles with alcohol and all would say, “But for the grace of God…”  I learned encouragement.  One would stand up to get their one month coin, while another would stand and get their 30 year coin.  Everyone was congratulated no matter how young or old they were in the program.  I learned humility. I watched as my parents would bring in folks off the streets who had asked for help. One friend in particular came to live with us a while. She would sleep on the floor in our living room when she came in from work because as she said, “I’m too dirty to get in your beautiful bed and too tired to clean up”.  That woman is now in her 80’s and she’s still my friend and we talk occasionally. 

Probably the greatest thing I learned was the importance of celebrating one another.  Birthday cakes abounded as one after another passed milestones of sobriety.  I can’t find anywhere in God’s Word that we are to be crude with one another, rude to each other or bossy and insensitive.  Nobody ever stood at the lectern and brow beat or bad mouthed the audience.  Even in the discussion of right and wrong there was always a note of tenderness for everyone remembered that they all came from the same gutter into the light. 

Oh beloved, you are so precious to God! He speaks kind words into your life as He woos you to come out of your darkness and into His Light.  He knows everything about you and loves you all the more!  His plans for you are good and kind and generous! He tenderly calls you today! No matter if you’ve missed the mark over and over, there’s still today and this day is fresh and new! Reach out for His Hand that is always extended to you in grace, mercy and peace! You are loved so much that you were worth dying for! Now run to the One Who rose again so that you can walk in newness of life!

 Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (NAS)

Psalm 119:11 Your Word have I hid in my heart, that I may not sin against You.

2 Corinthians 8:9  For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich. (NAS)

Psalm 135:3  Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; celebrate His lovely name with music.

Lamentations 3:22-23 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.

No comments: