Friday, September 14, 2012

Ready to Climb Higher with Christ? He's Calling You!


My Uncle Bill worked for the forestry service.  He climbed a fire tower several times a day to check for fires. I loved to play underneath the tower and he would holler out to me and I would holler back to him.  Often I tried to climb that fire tower but I never got higher than the second landing.  It was metal and wood and I was afraid of heights.  I did spend a lot of time playing around the base. I wanted to climb up to him but I just couldn’t.  It wouldn’t have mattered anyway as none of us were ever given permission to go all the way up to my uncle’s compartment at the top.  It was just too dangerous.

Have you been contemplating the desire to climb the heights with Jesus? Have you been content to play around with the basics but you feel the tug to go higher?  There is no fear in drawing closer to the Lord!  Unlike the danger of climbing the levels of the fire tower there is no danger in ascending the heights and riches of God.

Oh beloved! Everything you and I need for life and godliness is found in Christ! And the Lord will never forbid you to climb, He’ll never scold you for trying and He’ll always welcome you up! Maybe you’ve tried before and failed.  Keep trying! He is the One Who is calling you! He is the One Who loves you so much that He’s willing to share all of His Kingdom with you! Run to His Word today and see how strong a tower and refuge His love and majesty and authority is. As you survey the world from His perspective you will see the expansive beauty of all He has just for you! He says to you today I give you permission to let me love you unconditionally, forgive you forever and abide with you forever. My plans for you don’t stop at living with the basics but My desire is that you experience all I have for you!

Psalm 27:8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek"
Romans 11: 33a  Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge!

2 Peter 1:3 By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the one who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence.

Psalm 103:11  For His unfailing love toward those who fear Him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.

 2 Corinthians 9:8 (Amplified) And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be sufficient ...

No comments: