Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You've Been Rescued! You are Valuable!

Back in the day the city dumps were pretty much out in the open for all to see.  Sometimes you could find a real treasure in something that others threw away.   One day we were driving back into town and I suddenly asked Danny to pull over. I had spied something.  Danny complied and I jumped out and found a pitiful little puppy eaten up with mange.  It was skinny and ugly but something made me want to rescue it.

Danny let me take it home. I went to the vet’s to get medicine and amazingly enough the little critter thrived! Not only that, it turned out to be a beautiful full blood long haired dachshund.

I know. Sometimes it’s hard to feel good about ourselves. We watch tv, we read magazines, we listen to others and find ourselves unable to measure up.  It might be that you’ve felt your life is really on the trash heap and there’s no redeeming value left. 

Oh beloved, run to the One Who says you are of great value! He knows all about you and He is fully aware of your shortcomings. However, He is the One Who wants to pick you up off the side of the road and give you a fresh start! With the medicine of the Word taken in daily you will begin to see yourself as He does! Beautiful, complete, healthy and strong!  He loves you just the way you are.  He wants to take you in as His own.  No one else will ever love you and take care of you as He will.  Is there any better life to live than to be rescued by the Lord of Heaven and Earth Himself?!

 

2 Samuel 22:20 He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me.

Job 33:28 God rescued me from the grave, and now my life is filled with light.

Psalm 86:13  for Your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death.

Jeremiah 20:13 Sing to the LORD! Praise the LORD! For though I was poor and needy, He rescued me from my oppressors.

No comments: