Saturday, February 16, 2013

He Speaks Blessings if You Take the Time


I enjoy getting up early. Before the sun begins to peak through the tops of the trees and all is quiet. Especially when it’s a work day – I enjoy the quiet time before the hustle and bustle of getting ready, driving to town and opening my office. 

Danny was off a few days during in December, since his work hours were used up. He did a lot of things around the house and I was excited to see the outcome. He also slept in. I’m reminded that when we were dating I was an early bird even then. Sometimes he’d sleep till noon on week-ends and I could hardly wait for him to wake up and call me.

As I left the house one morning, he slept in longer than usual. I hated to go to work without time with him.  I realized that I wanted and needed more time with my sweetheart! Sometimes his job will have him going at 4:00 in the morning! Other times we find that we may be going in opposite directions and time together is at a premium. Still I want time with him! It blesses me to watch him read his Bible and ponder God’s will. To share together God’s Word and what He’s saying to both of us is a real joy. It’s really special to sip coffee together and relish the silence of early morning. It’s also a great time to share personal tidbits from the previous day.  My day goes better when I’ve had time with the love of my life. No distractions, no phone calls, just the two of us. I find that spending time with him makes me more ready and willing to meet the day’s demands. He is a calming influence and a blessing to my heart. He’s my best friend.

Are your day’s events swirling around you like an out of tune band? Are you feeling out of sorts and unable or unwilling to cope with the goings on all around you? Are you meeting the same problems and still having the same issues? Feeling discouraged or unfulfilled? Even unappreciated or rejected? Maybe you’re working yourself into a rut, and wondering why you never feel rested and relaxed. Maybe others’ demands on your life put you at odds with your personal needs.

Oh beloved! Take a moment and rest in His Presence! He’s the One Who always has time for you. He’s the One Who never sleeps, never takes His eyes off of you and always has something wonderful to share with you, if you’ll just take the time. He is your calm before the storm, your peace in the midst of chaos and your staunchest ally. He truly is the very best Friend you could ever have. Take just a moment and sit quietly as you listen. Do you hear Him? He’s speaking love words over you, He’s speaking blessings into your heart and mind and He’s speaking love, joy, and peace into your life! Isn’t it wonderful to just rest in all that He is. Isn’t it wonderful to know that He loves you outrageously and He’s for you eternally. Now that’s worth stopping to enjoy!

John 15:5 Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

John 6:35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart’s desires.

Psalm 119:147 I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in your words.

No comments: