Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's Time to Stand Back and See!


I love lighthouses. I admired a framed print of a lighthouse before Christmas at a Christian gift and bookstore. Danny and I were in there one day together and as I looked at the picture I wept! It spoke volumes to me. It was a wonderful representation of "God as our refuge and strength" depicting a lighthouse, holding strong against a deluge of white water. A man was standing on the railing and h...e seemed incredibly small compared to the lighthouse and the deluge of water. From close up it looked as though he would surely drown, but no the lighthouse was standing. The store was going out of business, so my hubby sneaked back over there and bought the magnificent item for me! I opened it on Christmas morning and was thrilled!


As I was overtaken by emotion once again, viewing it on the dining room wall, Danny asked me to stand back and look. He said the water that looked so horrendous up close looked like two hands enfolding the lighthouse when you stepped away! I saw that yes, it did indeed look as though someone was holding the lighthouse in his hands.

Maybe you have been under a deluge of trouble. Things are going terribly wrong and you’re not sure how you will ever survive. The floods of life are threatening to take you down and you feel yourself holding your breath with white knuckles. You’ve heard it before, that God is with you, but at this point you feel so terribly alone. You’ve looked so closely at the problems and the hurts and anguish that you cannot see another thing.



Oh beloved! Stand back and see that while you are going through the hardships of life, God is holding you securely in His hands. His love is surrounding you and His delicate care and guidance is giving you strength you never knew. You will not drown! You will not be swept away by life’s present current. The day will come when the floods will recede and the ocean will calm down. Until then, beloved, hang on – to God! He is fighting for you and you are not even going to see the battle. He is holding you and you will not even feel the water.



God is with you – because His Word is His bond. He is always going to love you and always be with you no matter what, so rejoice and relax and rest until the sun shines again.



Psalm 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge."



Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.



Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.



Psalm 32:7 For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.

No comments: