Thursday, May 16, 2013

Connect to God's Presence!

When I arrived at the 4H Center for inservice training yesterday evening, the first thing we found out was that the internet connetion was not working. That meant that neither my laptop or my phone could connect to wi-fi. It was frustrating and I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to get on to check emails or facebook.


I realized as well that I couldn’t call my husband! Not only was I gone for a couple of days, I might not be able to talk with him.

I made a quick calculation on how far it was to the nearest fast food restaurant. I knew if I got up early enough, I’d be able to run into town and connect. But I wanted to talk with my hubby and I sure didn’t want to wait until morning.

My roommate and I tried a couple of different things and finally she could connect her kindle. I tried the laptop and I too could connect! We were both thrilled. I could call and talk with Danny and we could do the things we need to do on the internet.

This age of instant connection makes for a whole new kind of stress. We want things to be instant, we don’t want to be disconnected and many folks can’t go for even a day without connecting. I’m not sure I can.

I do know that I miss my husband and want to be within range of speaking with him any time I need to. When I travel alone, which is rare, I often will call him to ask for directional help. I just feel better being able to hear his voice whenever I feel the need.

Internet connection is awesome. You can find information quickly, seek out answers within moments and even learn where the best places to eat can be found. But within a moment you can be disconnected through no fault of your own. But absolutely nothing can be found without the connection. You can’t seek, you can’t talk, you can’t do anything. If internet connection were all we had to make it in life we’d be in real trouble every time there was an issue with service. Our fear and worry levels would shoot through the roof whenever the internet was down.

Thankfully we have a connection that is beyond this world! All our questions can be answered, all our fears can be put away and all our needs can be met. Even when we can’t talk with those people we love, we can talk to the One Who gave us life. With God, He is always available, ever present and right on time. There’s no lag, no wait and no disconnection. The more you connect to the Holy Spirit, the more of God’s presence you will carry. The more of His presence you carry, the more power you will have.

Oh beloved, run to the One Who has everything you need! His Word is your connection to all the power, knowledge, wisdom and faith you will ever need. He will walk you through your problems, speak softly to your heart and grant you riches beyond your wildest imagination! He says to you this morning, I AM the One Who woke you up this morning. I AM the One Who has given you purpose and meaning. I AM with you always and you will always have your every need met completely when you connect with Me.

God loves you and He’s for you and that’s all the connection you will ever need.

Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Zephaniah 3:17 For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Psalm 116:2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.



No comments: