Saturday, May 04, 2013

Let God's Word Be Your Mirror

 
Yesterday as our daughter walked across the street to her house, her long dark hair was waving behind her and for just a moment she looked just like she did as a young girl. It was just for a moment but it was there. We have three children. Our two daughters are married with children of their own. Our son is not married yet, but one of these days we’ll probably have a daughter in law and another crop of grandkids. 

 These three children are grownups. If they look in the mirror they see a grown up. But when I look at them I see my children. Each one of them is still and forever my child. Nothing will ever change that.

When we look at ourselves in the mirror we see just what we see. It is what it is comes to mind! We are liable to see our flaws, our wrinkles, a stray gray hair (or more). We’re looking at what we would call “the real us”. But when God looks at us, He sees his child. Each one is His own special creation. He doesn’t look for flaws. He cannot see them. While we think of ourselves as flawed and less than perfect, God sees us as redeemed, beautiful, complete and without spot or blemish.

We see the “real us” but so does the Lord. The only difference is that God is looking at us with eyes of love. He loves us perfectly, completely, without reservation. Since His very essence and nature is love, He sees us with eyes of pure love.

God knows it’s hard sometimes to see yourself as His child. The cares of the world are stressful and lines of grief and worry come. The past and present hurts and mourning what might have been cloud the view and make it hard to see the Truth.

It’s time to trade in the mirror on your wall for the mirror of God’s Word. The real us is described in detail throughout His Word. We must learn to believe that we are who God says we are so that we can live loved beyond measure. When we live loved, then we are able to live life as God’s child and let Him lead us, guide us and direct us always.

Oh beloved, run to the mirror of God’s Word and see your True self. As you were born again into God’s family you have His DNA running through your veins. You’ve been transformed and redeemed. You’ve been saved, sealed and delivered. God says to you this morning that if you will look closely at His word the reflection you see will be Jesus, as He is your covering and your new identity is hid in Him. He says I love you and when I look at you I see perfection. I see a child, growing in grace and knowledge, preparing for heaven, being guided by my Holy Spirit. I see a face that reflects my glory and nothing is more beautiful than that. I will guide you as you learn My Word and take on My nature, for I have redeemed you from the law of sin and death. I have redeemed you for your mistakes, I have redeemed you from your past, I have redeemed you from all that can keep you from seeing yourself as My child. I love you and I AM for you and that’s why I see the real you.

Trust Him as He teaches you the Truth about you. You are beloved, you are beautiful, you are cherished, you are protected, you are being perfected and you are His bride. Rejoice for your Redeemer is drawing closer and closer each day. Let His Word be your mirror and reflect the truth for you always. He loves you and He’s for you and that’s all that really matters.

Psalm 139:17-18 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!

Psalm 119:5 Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect Your decrees!

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

Colossians 1:22 Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault.

I Peter 2:9 … for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.

No comments: