Friday, May 10, 2013

Every Word of God is a Precious Jewel for You!

When I was a girl, my mother wore lots of jewelry. She loved large beads and dangling necklaces. She also wore earrings all the time. They were the clip-on kind. I still have several pairs of those earrings. As I started wearing jewelry I loved the delicate gold chains and small lockets and pendants. I didn’t like those large “gaudy” kinds that many women wore.



It’s funny but now I love big clunky jewelry! The bigger the better! I like to wear scarves too. I also love dangly earrings! The things I thought were for “older ladies” I now love! I don’t know if it’s age, eyesight or just changing tastes, but I have fun with the pieces of jewelry and scarves I wear. I like my blouses to have “bling” on them as well. I really think it’s a combination of all three things: age, eyesight and tastes. Age, because we begin to value our mother’s things more as we get older. Eyesight, because we need things larger to see them better. Tastes because we want more of what we like.


I’ve kept mother’s jewelry, and even some of Danny’s mother’s jewelry, in a carefully stowed away box. But I find myself wanting to see their pieces more often. As I handle them I remember certain events where they wore each piece. I remember the occasions that we may have given them a piece for a special time. The older I get the more I want to remember things that were important to them.


Whether you are young or old there are a lot of beautiful ornaments you can wear as a Christian. You can wear the gifts of the Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit. The Word of God is your greatest and more valued piece. Most of all I feel God is encouraging us to learn God’s Word and keep it close to us daily. The days are growing colder, darker and shorter. We are going to need the value that comes from knowing Bible verses and Scripture passages more and more.


I find that as a maturing Christian I see my need to wear more jewelry – to invest my heart and mind in more of the Word. It’s not that I’ve given up on life and am settling into an old time religion, but rather that I am finding more strength and vigor from the Word for my daily needs.

God has given you a complete book of His precious jewels! He says in His Word to wear them, to bind them around your neck, to tie them to your forehead, to nail them to your doorway. Everywhere you go, He says your best asset, and your most valuable item is His Word. As the days wear on you will find that their value increases, unlike old costume jewelry which tarnishes and fades with time. While you may hesitate to wear antique jewelry, these special jewels of the Lord grow stronger and stronger and build your faith all the way to heaven!


Oh beloved, run to your jewelry chest, the Word of God this morning! Pull out the verses you have so lovingly read all your life. Then look at all of God’s Word and find beautiful new verses you may never have read! Handle them often. Wear them daily! They will only increase in value in your heart and mind as you put them on. God says to you this morning, you are my precious child and I want you to know all about Me. I AM the One who sets the stars in the heavens and your life’s every need is found in My Word. When you take My Word in and live in it’s light you can overcome obstacles and rest in my promises. You may have been told you are of little value, not worthy or used up, but I AM the one who decides your value and I AM the king who gives you all the riches of My kingdom.


Open your gifts today beloved and wear them! For the King of the Universe has given you access to every precious necklace, bracelet, earrings and more. He loves you and He’s for you and His Word will keep you safe and full of wisdom, power and love all the way to heaven.



Proverbs 3:3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart.



Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times.



Psalm 19:9-10 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb



Psalm 119:72 Your instructions are more valuable to me than millions in gold and silver.



Deuteronomy 11:18 So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.

No comments: