Monday, May 20, 2013

God Never Forgets You Not for a Moment!


I attended the All school Reunion for Blevins and it was their 100 year anniversary. The oldest alumnus present was James Thurman, 91 years old. Old friends and new alike were there. It was a great time and between all the laughter and reminiscing, it was a rousing success.

There were classmates and teachers there. There was even a lady who lives in my town and visits my office regularly. We were surprised to find each other at the same reunion. Both of us graduated from Blevins. We all wore name tags and it was a good thing! There were old neighbors who had gotten older, just like me. When we get older, it’s hard to realize who a person is, because time changes a lot of things. I didn’t recognize a couple of people, but when they spoke and we talked about it, I remembered them well.  I talked with one of my school teachers and he didn’t realize at first who I was either. All of the figuring out who people were and who spouses belonged to was lots of fun.

Already planning for next year’s reunion, the committee is looking at different places to have the event and different ways to cater it. We all agree that a little cooler air conditioning would be nice, but it was fun to have it in the elementary cafeteria where the students drew artwork and had it posted everywhere!  I am hoping that more of the “kids” my age will attend next year so that we can visit and reacquaint ourselves with one another. It’s been a long time for many of us between visits.

While recognizing folks doesn’t always come easy, there is One who never forgets who we are.  The Lord Himself knew us before the foundation of the world.  He knew us as infants, He knew us as youth and He still knows us – even though some of us have hair that is turning white and faces that are changing with age.  He can’t lose us in a crowd even if it’s a while between visits. His greatest desire is to keep sweet fellowship with us through His Son Jesus Christ.

Oh beloved, why not stop for a moment and have a little reunion with the Lord this morning? Run to His Word and see how much He loves you, how greatly He values you and how incessantly He desires to fellowship with you? In His eyes you are beautiful, you are perfect and you are just the way He remembers you. For He looks at you through eyes of eternal, unchanging, immutable love.  What a blessing to know that you don’t have to worry about a thing when spending time with the Lord. He accepts you just the way you are, He always knows you and He delights in your fellowship every chance He gets. Look into your yearbook, His Word, and see. All of His promises for every aspect of your life are there for you to receive. He loves you and He’s for you and that’s why a reunion with Him is so incredibly wonderful!

Psalm 139:1-3 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit down or stand up.  You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.   You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.  You know everything I do.

1 Corinthians 13:12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

Isaiah 49:15 Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you!

Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

No comments: