Thursday, December 27, 2012

Answer His Call for He Calls You in Love!


I got a strange phone call on my cell phone during the holidays. It was an unknown number and when I answered there was a recording explaining that my cell phone wasn’t set up for collect calls. It went on to explain how I could start getting collect calls. Well, of course I hung up.  Then, my curiosity being what it is, I went to the internet to see if I could figure out where the call came from.  Turns out it was from a detention center in a nearby state.  A call from a stranger in a strange place, trying to get someone to accept the charges.  In this case it was probably somebody trying to call home for the holidays but still it was a strange feeling.

The enemy of our soul likes to make calls on our life.  He wants to give us advice, get us upset, give us reason to be unforgiving, unkind, unholy and more.  He is constantly dialing our number, knowing our weaknesses, attempting to cause trouble or wreak havoc.  Not only does he desire to ruin us, tempt us, rob us, kill us; he always wants to charge us with every conceivable charge.  He wants us to pay! He will convince us, if he can, that we’ve been wronged, damaged, offended, left undefended and then when we believe him and act on the lies, he hangs up and leaves us to pick up the pieces alone.  His ultimate desire is to steal our birthright and leave us hanging on the line.

It’s time to learn the Father’s Voice and follow Him alone!  While we have an enemy, he is not our spouse, our kids, our neighbors, our friends, or anyone else.  He just uses whoever he can to ring up a wrong message and reverse the charges. Unless we know the Word of God and understand our Heavenly Father’s nature, we will be fooled into accepting the call and acting on it.

Oh beloved, there is a call on your life! Our Father in Heaven is calling you daily. He asks you to pick up the Word, eat of it and live by it.  How much He loves to have sweet fellowship with His children, but not just for the fellowship. It’s for your good and His glory as well! He will not leave you to your own devices, He won’t leave you undefended, He won’t walk away, make you pay or reverse the charges.  In fact, He took the charges for everything you’ll ever be charged with – past, present and future – and nailed a Paid In Full sign on the cross! You are free! Free to call upon Him as well! Free to be God’s child, free to make decisions that are based on His Word, His Love and His nature! 

The more you listen to the Lord’s calls, beloved, the less you will be tempted to take other calls! All of the Lord’s calls begin with “I love you”.  God loves you so much that He’s calling you to love Him, obey Him and live for Him daily.  He will take the hurtful calls, your crank calls, the damaging calls and turn them out for good because He says so! His Word is your trustworthy answer, His call is your trustworthy path and His care for you is the trustworthy way to know that He is all that matters! Now that’s a call worth taking!

Psalm 91:15  When they call on Me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.

Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then I, the LORD, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them.

Zechariah 13:9  I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘These are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’”

2 Samuel 22:4  “I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.

Philippians 3:14  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Ephesians 4:1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called--His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance.

I John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

No comments: