Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Don't Be Disappointed by Delays! God is on the Throne!

My disappointment of yesterday morning’s realization that my expected gift had not come gave way to joy yesterday afternoon as I opened my mailbox. The package had come! I opened it to find within a lovely handmade glass ornament! The opening of the box also revealed who had been given my name.  I was hoping that my box was just delayed and I was right.  It was worth it to finally get the package and place the little bauble on my Christmas tree.  The photo in this post is my ornament!, given to me by Cineca Newburn, of Dreamin n Details.
When the package didn’t come in my prescribed timing I could have said, forget it! I’m not going to the mailbox anymore. I’m done.  I could have convinced myself it was futile to keep hoping, looking and seeking the mailbox.  It could have come anytime, it was the postal service’s business to get the package to me. But had I quit looking, would I ever have known my gift had arrived? So many variables are working at the post office – sometimes those packages get mishandled, accidentally shoved aside, delivered to the wrong address and more…  Lots of things happen between the sending and the receiving.
Even at this holiday season we are dealing with discouraging disappointments and lingering delays. Some things we may have prayed about at length, knowing God’s mind, yet not seeing the answer. There are times when you and I just want to throw our hands up and walk away.  Other times we don’t understand why the circumstances of our prayer life and our human life don’t just come together.   Many variables occur in the spirit realm as well.  We’re up against a huge war in the heavenlies. We don’t know how the answers get batted around as they come from the throne to our hearts and lives.
Does God work through human error? Can His will be done in spite of good old boy systems, fleshly desires or an individual’s self-will? 
Oh beloved, God wants to speak to your heart this morning and encourage you! Unlike postal workers, He never clocks out, He never walks away from the job and He never mishandles a single thing! When you’re up against the wall, He’s there. When you’re down and out, He’s with you. When you’re fervently praying and seeking His face alone, He’s with you all the way.  He doesn’t just answer prayer, He’s not a mailbox you just reach into for your gift, He IS THE GIFT!  He is not just the giver of answers, He IS THE ANSWER!  The Lord of Heaven and Earth is so much bigger than prayers that seem to go unanswered. He’s so much stronger than your weakest moment. He’s being your wildest imagination!
Keep praying! Keep seeking! Keep believing that God is not bound by mortal weaknesses, other peoples’ fleshly thinking, or any other thing in all creation! He knew you before the foundation of the world and if He did then He knew then what you would need, and He knows when the answer will come and ultimately He knows the outcome for every single person on this earth. Oh how He loves you! Oh how He’s for you! And oh how that’s all that really matters! Hallelujah to our King!
Psalm 4:3  You can be sure of this: The LORD set apart the godly for himself. The LORD will answer when I call to him.
Psalm 56:9  My enemies will retreat when I call to You for help. This I know: God is on my side!
Psalm 145:18  The LORD is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him in truth.
Matthew 6:10  May Your Kingdom come soon. May Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Isaiah 65:24 I will answer them before they even call to Me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
 
 
 
Visit Cineca's site at http://www.dreaminndetails.com/
You can also visit Kara MacElyea's blog, http://unusualform.blogspot.com/ and see the photos of my gift to her. While you're at it, why don't you also visit the Arkansas Women Bloggers' site to see all the ornaments that were exchanged at http://arkansaswomenbloggers.com/.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for the delay! I never intended for you to be disappointed! I'm so glad it made it to you safely. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Fantastic. Those are so cute. My granddaughter would love all that pink!