Thursday, December 20, 2012

God Wants to Warm Your Heart!


The wind is howling outside my window this morning. From the balmy day yesterday to the blustery movement of a cold front makes for huge changes in the weather. I prefer balmy, it helps me to be able to move in and out of the car while finishing up Christmas without having to brace for the cold.  The noise of the elements makes one want to stay inside and just cuddle up.

Even though it’s only 5 days until Christmas, the Christmas spirit isn’t showing up everywhere. For some, their hearts have grown cold because of a change in their circumstances overnight.  People we loved are suddenly taken from us, tragedies of all kinds abound, people don’t keep their promises and jobs don’t last.  We hope against hope that all things will work out, but some are wondering if it’s really going to happen.

Will there be another warm sunny day? Or is life going to continue to howl it’s cold winds through your life? Is there anywhere to find the warmth you so desire, or are you destined to let your heart grow as cold as the day?

Oh beloved, let God warm your heart! He knows your troubles, your trials, your sorrows and your hopes and dreams. He loves you! His plan for you is good, in spite of the present situation.  There will be a warmer day. There will be a brighter sunrise.   In the meantime, it’s best to stay very close to the warmth of His mercy, love and grace. He will keep you safe, never leave you, always guide you and give you the grace to make it. All you have to do is lean on Him. His shoulders are as eternal as His Word and His Word is the only Truth and Light you will ever need for the dark cold days. 

He loves you, oh beloved one, and He’s for you all the way to heaven and that’s worth staying close by His side now isn’t it?  

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (KJV)

Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Micah 7:7  As for me, I look to the LORD for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.

No comments: