Friday, December 28, 2012

You are More Precious Than the Gifts Given and Received!

The snowy weather has kept us indoors for several days. While I had a huge to do list to mark off this being kept inside has been nice.  I have discovered that we are very busy most of the time.  Getting up slowly, getting ready at my leisure has made for peace I don’t often get to enjoy.  This morning it’s breakfast quiche with a huge helping of beautiful music. While I probably won’t get everything clicked off my list, I am getting some quality time with my hubby and the Lord.

What is left with all the tinsel and glitter are discarded, when the boxes are burned and the paper is trashed?  What is left when the tree is empty and the gifts are opened? The most important things are not things are they?  It’s the precious memories of little things that mean so much.  The togetherness, even if for you it was only you and the Lord, it’s enough. I find that when it’s just me and Him it’s more than enough. It also makes for more blessings as He allows sweet fellowship with friends and family.

Oh beloved, you are more precious than the gifts you gave or the gifts you received! Even if you got everything you want, you are more precious than that! You are not the sum of your bank account or the price tag on your gifts.  You are more than! More than loved! More than worth it! More than blessed! More than a conqueror! More than victorious! Someone may have disappointed you, discarded you, demeaned you or disgraced you. But God! He is everything you have ever needed and oh so much more!  Believe Him this morning, spend time talking with Him for you are the Love of His life! Let Him tell you the Truth and go out and shout it on the housetop! Live in the Light of His Word and rejoice as the blessings of Life with Him rain all around you! Now that’s worth singing His praises about!

Psalm 72:14  He will redeem them from oppression and violence, for their lives are precious to Him.

Psalm 63:5  You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise You with songs of joy.

Matthew 6:25  “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

Ephesians 3:20  Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Romans 8:37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, Who loved us.

Romans 10:11  As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in Him will never be disgraced.”

Hebrews 13:6 So we can say with confidence, "The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?"

Psalm 147:11 No, the LORD's delight is in those who fear Him, those who put their hope in His unfailing love.

No comments: