Saturday, December 29, 2012

Do's and Don'ts - God says Don't...Worry!


I hear my children telling their children, “don’t do that” and “do this” a lot! They are teachers you know. Their life’s call for the next 18 or so years is to teach their children and guide them to be upstanding citizens. As Christians their job is to make citizens of heaven as well.  Teach. Teach. Teach.  Every opportunity is a chance to teach something.

There are a lot of do’s and don’ts in this world.  The church is no different.  We have do’s and don’ts as well.  Sometimes, if we’re not careful we’ll major on the minors and find ourselves walking in rules instead of restoration. Regardless, there are many things the Lord wants to teach us and His heart’s desire is to keep us safe from harm and fit us for heaven to live with Him there (as the song goes).

So what are some of the do’s and don’ts? I cannot begin to list them all but I can tell you a couple as they come to mind this morning. God definitely wants you to know how to walk in His precepts, so that you will walk straightly in a crooked world.  This is simply because He loves you, just as parents love their children.

God says to you this morning, “Don’t worry!”  Period.  He means it! His Word is full of His counsel and He never misspeaks or gives wrong advice. To worry is to wrangle something and wrangling just wears the body mind and spirit out!   Worry is the opposite of faith. Worry is the opposite of love. Worry denotes that something is so amiss that even God can’t fix it.  But, God Himself says to you “Don’t worry about ANYTHING”.  When you rehearse it, what has ever changed by your worry? Nothing! But faith is action! Faith in God changes everything!

Oh beloved, what a marvelous lesson in faith to learn today! Being prone to worry myself, I can tell you that rest comes when we lay it all down and our Heavenly Father says to you this morning, Quit worrying about things. Those things that are troubling you, vexing your spirit, weighing down your heart. I love you, I AM on your side and I AM the One Who guides and leads you into My will.  Trust replaces worry, and faith grows from trust.  Trust Me. For I have the entire universe in My Hands and nothing is too difficult for Me! My love combined with My Word is an impenetrable fortress for you.  I love you now, I will love you forever and I will see you through this world all the way to heaven! Now isn’t that worth praising Me and letting go of worry?  

Psalm 107:20 He sends forth His word and heals them and rescues them from the pit and destruction. Amplified Bible

Psalm 37:1 “Don’t worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong.”

Proverbs 12:25  Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.

Luke 12:25-27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things? Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.

Psalm 16:8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.

I Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

Philippians 4:6  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.

No comments: