Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Don't Feel LIke Singing? Then Rejoice in Him!


Some of our past Christmas photos aren’t so hot. LOL! Old cameras or film left in a drawer for too long make for foggy results. Sometimes the kiddos wouldn’t stay still so we’ve got phantoms running through the picture! We were celebrating and having the best time, but you wouldn’t know it by the photos.  Then there are the shots with heads cut off, the missing person picture shots and the not so flattering results! The photos may look chaotic even when the actual event was serene and wonderful!  The view from our eyes may be beautiful, colorful and rich, but cameras don’t always return what we see with our hearts. Yet photos will continue to be taken so that we can somehow capture the few great moments of love and laughter! These photos serve as memories of the celebration we had!

Our hearts take snapshots as well. Most of the time our memory shots are wonderful! Parents laughing with each other, husbands sneaking bites of specialty cooked delicacies, children sneaking candy canes off the tree. Looking through our hearts’ picture album may bring more precious memories of cousins and Santa and presents and more.

For some though, the images aren’t so great. This year may be a time of mourning for recent loss or a time of sorrow because of current discord. Things don’t always go well in families. People don’t always behave and not everyone is sweetness and light. Troubles abound, even at Christmas, even during celebrations. Spouses walk away, loved ones go to heaven and children don’t act like “their raising”!

Our photos may indeed reveal that our lives can be a lot like a shabby chic Christmas! Lots of things going on, lots of different textures and styles all jumbled together.  If you only look through the lens of the camera you may find more shabby than chic.

All things in my life aren’t like I want them and I bet it’s the same with you.  I’m going to celebrate anyway! I’ll celebrate the joys because they are gifts from God. I’ll celebrate in spite of the hurts because they are stepping stones to stronger faith! I’ll celebrate regardless of the disappointments because they are the path to His appointments! I’ll celebrate even in my loss because I count it all loss to gain Christ! 

Oh beloved, do you hear the sounds of rejoicing in the background of your life? It’s Father God and His Heavenly Host rejoicing and celebrating! They are rejoicing in you! They are celebrating your life! For you are an overcomer, you are victorious, you are the joy of Almighty God’s heart! Celebrate with the Lord Himself for He says to you this morning “Look up! It’s time to rejoice in Me. I AM your celebration, I AM your cause for singing, I AM your reason for living.  I have loved you forever and My plans for you are to celebrate all that you are In Me.  Look at My Photo Album, the Word of God, and see how I feel about you, see how I plan good things for you and see how I can take all the smiles, the tears, the laughter and the mourning and put it altogether for your good and My Glory! I AM your answer to today’s problems, I AM your reason for bright hopes for tomorrow. Only Trust Me – for I AM your God and there is none like Me. I Love you and I AM on your side always, from Christmas to the end of the age.

Psalm 135:3  Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; celebrate His lovely name with music.

1 Chronicles 16:10  Exult in His holy name; rejoice, you who worship the LORD.

Psalm 33:21  In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.

Psalm 68:3  But let the godly rejoice. Let them be glad in God’s presence. Let them be filled with joy.

Isaiah 29:19  The humble will be filled with fresh joy from the LORD. The poor will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

Habakkuk 3:18  yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

Romans 12:12  Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

Philippians 4:4  Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!

No comments: