Sunday, March 03, 2013

Are You Wondering if God Even Hears You?


Heading down the interstate, I was praying for someone I’ve been praying for a long time. I was asking the usual petitions. “Lord, speak to their heart. Lord, come into their home and be the Lord of their life. God, speak and move and change things for them. Send salvation and sanctification and regeneration into their home and their family.”  I heard a voice from Heaven speak, “What makes you think I have not already been speaking to their heart?”

I was surprised and relieved. I felt a very calm spirit relaxed over my heart. I realized I had been praying as though every prayer was just reaching the ears of God. Almost begging God to do something! And then through that still small voice I realized that God is speaking and calling and urging the one I am praying for to return to Him.

It changed how I pray. I now pray in more faith.  Lord, I know that you are speaking to their heart. I pray that their ears will be open to your call. Thank you Lord that you are calling them to You.  Thank you Lord that You love them and are working out Your marvelous plan for their life.

If you’re like me you may not be sure who prayed for you to have a walk with Jesus. I just know that from my earliest childhood I was always thinking about God and always asking Him for things that were beyond me. Because of that I believe someone in my family history interceded for me.  If you’re like Danny you can point to at least one person in your family who was a true intercessor. In Danny’s case it was a godly grandmother and she prayed both him and several of his closest friends into the Kingdom and into service for God. (that’s a whole other story I’d love to share with you)  Most of all I believe it is God who calls and God who wills humanity to believe and live for Christ.

Oh beloved are you having a hard time seeing the results of prayer? Are you wondering if God is listening or if He really cares? Have you been praying consistently for a long time for a loved one? Maybe you’re dealing with personal issues. Have you been asking God for His help and don’t feel like you’ve seen the answer yet?  I can assure you that He surely listens – you can believe this morning that He hears you and He cares. One is His Word. He says so and His Word is His Bond.  The other is practical application – I’ve seen Him work and I’ve heard Him answer. God is no respecter of persons – He hears all His own when they pray. He even hears the penitent prayer of those who have wandered off from His will.

Listen quietly this morning and take ALL your needs to Him. Thank Him for His answers even before you see them.  Praise Him for His marvelous work in your life and the life of those you pray for. Never quit praying and seeking and asking for God rewards those who seek Him. He responds to those who are persistent. Never quit praising Him for God inhabits praise.

I John 5:14 And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him.

Psalm 66:19 But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer.

Colossians 4:2 Be earnest and unwearied and steadfast in your prayer [life], being [both] alert and intent in [your praying] with thanksgiving. Amplified Bible

Matthew 7:7-8 Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Isaiah 65:24 I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

No comments: