Friday, March 22, 2013

Need an Adjustment?


One of our daughters is having some trouble with her back.  She says it’s an old injury and I laugh because she’s not old! But we pray daily for her back to find relief. She even went to the chiropractor to get her back realigned. It is feeling better and I’m sure eventually it will heal. She has asked for a touch from the Lord and we believe He will do just that.

There are lots of things in our life that need lining up. From our finances to our physical bodies to our housework and attitudes and more! Little adjustments here and there make for better use of money, time and resources. If I’d do a little dusting everyday it wouldn’t be such a hard job. When I do laundry daily there’s no pile waiting for me at the end of the week. When I don’t write a check down I forget how much it was and then I have to search for the receipt or make sure I know when it comes through the bank account.  Imagine if our friend had told the chiropractor how to do the adjustment – he would have told her to pay and go home!

God has wonderful plans for us that are painless and easy to attain, but we must line up! We cannot suggest to God that He line up with us! We are the ones who need the adjustment. Unless we are willing to align ourselves with His Word, we will continue to have pains and wonder why we get no relief!  A little of the Word each day will make for keeping our hearts and minds brought into line with Him so that when the big things come along we remain pain free as we keep our eyes on Him.

Oh beloved! Today is your day to let God give you some fine-tuning! He loves you so much that He preplanned everything you would need. He knows you so well that He has adjustments from His Word that He already knows will make you feel better in mind, body and spirit! All you have to do is call on Him for relief and He will reveal the answer to your needs!

Run to His Word and let yourself be changed by His Spirit as you take it in and live it out. His continual touch from His living word will change your heart, your mind and your life. Whatever ails you God is your Great Physician and His touch works every single time. He loves you incredibly and He’s for you eternally and that’s all that really matters.

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

John 17:17 Make them holy by Your truth; teach them Your word, which is truth.

Psalm 119:9 How can a young person stay pure? By obeying Your word.

No comments: