Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feasting on the Manna is So Fulfilling


Danny and I don’t cook like we used to. When we had children at home, fresh meals daily were on the table for their benefit as well as ours. As part time jobs and band and ballgames and dates took over their lives, it was more quick meals and carry outs.

I laugh as I look into my cupboard to see all the “instant” food available. From cocoa to soup, from potatoes to coffee everything we might need is available. Sometimes though, I want a “real meal” so we cook!  You just can’t instantly have a pot of pinto beans or a roast.

We have become the victims of instant everything. From our “smart” phones to our computers and televisions, it’s instant on, instant search and instant information.  We find ourselves frustrated if one of them doesn’t respond as quickly as we want.  Funny that the very things we were told would make our life better have given us more frustration and annoyance.

For our spiritual life, it’s pretty much become the same. A snippet of a good speaker on the television, a little Christian music on the way to work, looking up a verse on our phones or searching the internet for answers to our heart problems has become the norm.  We have overvalued the quick pick me ups and undervalued steady preparation. 

The Lord will give us instant help, constant strength and eternal hope. But to live in the light of His Word, we will always have to take His yoke upon us and learn. Learning takes time. Preparing to be all God wants for us takes time. Ask the ones you know who are strong Christians. They will tell you. Years of learning, years of studying, years of living in the light of the One Who loves us beyond all imagination.

Oh beloved, God knows your busy life. He sees you running here and there, helping your family, doing your job and all that is expected of you.  He sees the burdens, the weariness, the sorrow. He knows you’ve worked hard to get where you are and yet there are times that you wonder if it was worth it. He knows your heart longs to feel the peace that only His presence can give. He says to your heart this morning, beloved, slow down and feast on My Manna so richly provided for you because I love you. It’s free. It’s nourishing. It’s always available just on time. I love you, He says to your precious heart, I Am for you, He says to your wounded soul. I have this, He speaks to your hard situation.  I AM the One Who gives you enough time in those times you don’t think there’s a way.  Rest in Me and I will give you all that you need and more, for I AM a More Than God!

Run to His Word and lay your face on His shoulder for He is love and He is provision and He is there for you always…you will find what you really need nowhere else, ever…

Matthew 6:32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.

Acts 17:25 and human hands can’t serve His needs—for He has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and He satisfies every need.

2 Peter 3:18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! Amen.

2 Peter 1:3 By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the one who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence.

Psalm 25:5 Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You.

No comments: