Friday, March 29, 2013

Double Vision? God's Word will Clear That Right Up!


What a beautiful day yesterday was! As I worked through the morning I discovered that my vision was getting blurry. I think the strain of sitting at the computer to enter data for 4H youth might have started it, but as the day wore on I began feeling rather tired and just wanted to sit with my eyes closed and rest them and myself.

Although I could see clearly out the door of my office and into the parking lot, the up close effects were astonishing. I had to look closely at what I was typing so that I wouldn’t make a mistake. It took a lot more effort to do the close-up work rather than simply scanning over it. But as I looked closer I discovered some typos that would not do for the work I was preparing. It had to be spelled correctly and I had to make sure that I was reading it right from the copy I was using, because some of my work was going out from my boss to others across the nation. I wouldn’t want to embarrass him by erroneously changing a word.

Often we think we are seeing our situation clearly but we’re straining to live up to the world’s system of thinking. We see fine when we’re simply scanning the world, but when we try to look closer, we find that our thinking and our standards have become fuzzy. We wonder which way we should go, how we should react and what we should be doing.

The only way to see the Truth is to examine it closely. Many voices cry out for our attention, so that we start seeing double. We have two modes of operation trying to vie for our sight and it’s really a battle between Truth and untruth. Half-truths that make us think they’ll be good for us. But half-truths are actually lies and will only continue the fuzzy thinking and make for wrong decisions.

Have you been trying to see clearly for your life? Have you wondered why, no matter how hard you try, thinks just seem unclear? It’s time to rest your heart and mind in the Word! It’s time to decide to make a stand for God’s unchangeable Scriptures.  Nowhere else will you have complete healing of your sight and firm direction for your mind.  He speaks His truth into your life. Want to know about prayer? Pray to the Father. What about hope? Hope in the Lord. Wondering about love? God is love. 

Oh beloved, rest your heart in Him and watch as He makes everything clear for your present situation – no matter what it is. The world will tell you it’s impossible, but God will say look at Me and I will give you everything you need. The world will tell you to relax about God’s Truth and you’ll be seeing double. But look to His Word and keep your heart on single vision. See His Word, it’s His bond. The Great I AM loves you and is for you and that’s what makes everything clear!

James 1:23-24 For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work.

Psalm 86:11 Teach me Your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to Your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor You.

Jeremiah 32:39 And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship Me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants.

No comments: