Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Step into God's Presence and Enjoy His Love


With one daughter living right across the street, I get to say bye to Blake every morning before he heads to school.  Yesterday morning as I was watching for him to get in the truck with his dad, I saw a jeep driving by and slowing down. It dawned on me that it was my son! I got choked up because I hadn’t seen him in a quite a few days and we hadn’t had a chance to talk either. I just whispered to myself, “My son, my son”. He came in for just a moment with his buddy and I got a really good hug! Although it was only a quick visit, I was thankful for that little bit of time to see him in person.  I love my kids a lot, so seeing any one of them even for a bit is good to my heart.  I have high hopes and great desires for my adult children, but I love them just the way they are – unconditionally. I would never withhold my love from them even if I didn’t see them for long spells.  They are my children. 

As he and his buddy drove away, I thought to myself, is that how the Lord feels? When His kids spend weeks doing their own thing or being busy with life.  Then to take a moment to open His Word and feast at His table.  Does He get excited to fellowship with his children? You bet He does! He loves His “kids” more than I love my own and that’s something. 

I also wonder at how refreshed I feel when I step into the presence the One Who loves me unconditionally. When I take time to talk with the Lord, and get His perspective on my life and feel His loving and tender care surround me.  

I know how busy life can get, I know how the bills must be paid and the jobs have to get done. I know that it’s easy to fall into worry, fear, guilt, and more. We find ourselves worn out, done in and feeling low. We wonder how we got this way and so we down an energy drink or a power bar and try to hurry on.

Oh beloved, won’t you stop for a moment and bask in the presence of the One Who not only loves you completely and with no hesitation, but cares for you eternally - more than His own life? He went to the cross for you, He descended into the grave for you, He rolled the stone away for you and He’s coming again for you!  Step into His Word and feel His arms around you as the cares of this world melt away in the light of His glory and grace!

Psalm 123:1-2 I lift my eyes to you, O God, enthroned in heaven.  We keep looking to the Lord our God for His mercy, just as servants keep their eyes on their master, as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal.

Micah 7:7 As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.

Psalm 37:7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.

Psalm 91:1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

No comments: