Thursday, July 11, 2013

Drop Every Restraint and Take Every Chance with God!


Our 3 year old grandson, Caleb loves to play on my phone. When I enter the room he walks up to me with the sweetest face and says, “I want to pay you pone”. Sometimes I let him. Other times the battery is too low. Occasionally I will try to get something from him in exchange. “Okay, if you give me a kiss!” Rarely do I get one of those. But sometimes when I say, “Okay, give me a hug” he’s willing to make the exchange.  Other times he just says “hmph!” folds his arms and walks away. He weighs the give-and-take in the balance and just can’t let go even though he desperately wants to play a game on my phone. We’re both disappointed. Me, because I really wanted that hug or kiss and I so wanted to bless him. Caleb - because he really wanted to receive the blessing of getting to play on my phone.

We’re like that with God sometimes.  He speaks to our heart about moving out or moving on or simply letting Him choose the road we need to take. It’s just a little east of our comfort zone. We look at the request from God, we look at the desires of the heart, we look to Him and we look at ourselves. It’s just too much to give.  We weight it all out and find ourselves walking away after deciding the exchange is too costly.  It’s a huge disappointment for us – for we who are in the household of faith ought to be more willing to let go.  Not sure if it’s a disappointment to God, for He knows all about us and He already knows what we’ll choose. But He has to wonder why His children don’t just give the hug and receive the blessing!

Unlike Caleb, who is simply thinking with his mind, we are able to pray about our decisions and look at them from a spiritual aspect. If we let ourselves see with the eyes of the Lord, then we’ll say sure to God and move with Him!

Caleb will outgrow his toddler thinking. He will grow out of being so shy and unsure of the consequences of letting someone have a hug or a kiss. As children of the Lord, I hope we outgrow our restraint with God.

Oh beloved, I pray for you today! I pray that you will see the Lord and run to Him willingly and give Him your whole heart! I pray that you will not hold back one piece of yourself from Him. I pray that as you give yourself entirely to Him you will see all the amazing blessings that come from a willing heart. I pray that you will measure carefully what God is asking of you and do it with all your might!  I pray that as He speaks to you, you will listen with the ears of faith and see with the eyes of trust and hold out your whole life with the hands of service. I pray that you will feel the hug of His amazing love and hear the joy in His heart as you give it all to Him.

I want to encourage you to drop every fear, worry, concern and control and take every chance that God presents to you. I know in your heart you want to receive every blessing, every mission, and every plan from God. You’ll have to drop your guard in order to receive completely from the Lord. But I’ll let you in on a little secret – it’s more than worth it!  Why? Because God loves you and He’s for you and that’s where the real blessings are received.

 

2 Samuel 7:28 For You are God, O Sovereign Lord. Your words are truth, and You have promised these good things to Your servant.

Psalm 119:32 I will [not merely walk, but] run the way of Your commandments, when You give me a heart that is willing. (Amplified)

2 Chronicles 25:2 He did right in the sight of the Lord, yet not with a whole heart.

Psalm 26:2 Examine me, O Lord, and try me; Test my mind and my heart.

1 Chronicles 29:9 Then the people rejoiced because they had offered so willingly, for they made their offering to the Lord with a whole heart, and King David also rejoiced greatly.
 
Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.

No comments: