Friday, July 26, 2013

Jesus is Your Key to Entrance and Favor!


Yesterday I came home from work and as I drove into the driveway I noticed a scooter in front of the garage and then I spied a pair of little boy’s sandals inside the garage.  As I got out of the car and walked up the steps to the house I saw that my front door was ajar.  Walking inside I saw some things strewn across the living room floor, a chair at the refrigerator and a tube of icing laying in front of the refrigerator.

Goldilocks came to mind as I realized my visitor had been a grandson!  He’s an icing thief! He loves to come over and eat the sweet concoction that I keep in the refrigerator for decorating cakes.  He eats it right out of the tube. I quickly cleaned up and put things away.  I was glad that the mother of this grandson lives right across the street or I’d have been fearful to walk in.

She has advised me to make sure my front door is locked from now on. Since it’s happened a couple of times I’ll probably do that. I’m not worried about robbers because she’s right here close, but they don’t need to wander in the house alone. I hate to lock it up but I am going to have to. Because the little boy loves icing the temptation is just too great.   I really don’t mind at all that he was in the house, because I love that boy and he’s one of my favorites! He knows where the food is and where the toys are and that makes me feel good that he likes to go into my house.  But for his safety we’ll have to make sure he can’t get in alone.  Still, it is cute to know that he feels welcome to come and go to his grandparents’ house, that he feels comfortable to make himself at home.

Locking our homes to keep thieves out (and to keep grandsons from eating all our icing) is the best choice. Our valuables and our keepsakes are special to us.  We wouldn’t want to come home and find our things ransacked and missing. I think of the three bears who walked into their home in the story from long ago and they knew that someone had been in there.  They probably wished they’d locked their house as well.

I’m glad this morning that although I have to lock my house for safety, God never locks us out of His home. Heaven is an open opportunity for every single person on earth. And although that would be a huge crowd of people, all are invited to freely come in.  Not only that, but all of God’s valuables and keepsakes are there for anyone to enjoy anytime they want.  No one will ransack God’s property because they’ve been granted the key by the Blood of the Lamb – the precious sacrifice made on the cross by the Owner’s Son.  The door to heaven is open to “whosoever will” and His blessings are so many and so wonderful that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord can have access to the entire banquet of blessings.

Have you been holding back? Are you unsure of your standing with God? Do you feel you’ve messed up too much, gone too far, made too many bad choices? Maybe you think you don’t measure up or have the right to enjoy God’s blessings and enter into His Kingdom. God knows all about you. He knows your mistakes, your problems, your secrets. And He’s made a way for the door to heaven to stay open for you. You can’t make it on your own.  But faith in Christ is your key! Not just to heaven either, but to all the blessings of God! You are invited, you are welcomed, you are free to enter in!

Oh beloved, Jesus is your key to a wonderful life! You are welcome to come into God’s favor and enjoy all of His blessings! You can eat from His banquet and rest in His promises. You can live like a child of the King because you are.  God holds nothing back from His own and even when you feel like you’re less than worthy, He is able to redeem you, restore you and keep you in fellowship with Him for the rest of your life.  Open the Book of Life and read about the Key to Heaven, the Way to Blessings and the Joys of Fellowship with Him! For He loves you and He’s for you and that’s all that really matters as you yield your heart to Him and make yourself at Home in your Father’s House.

John 10:9 I AM the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.

Psalm 65:4 What joy for those You choose to bring near, those who live in Your holy courts. What festivities await us inside Your holy Temple.

Ephesians 2:13 But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to Him through the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 3:12 Because of Christ and our faith in Him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments: