Sunday, July 14, 2013

God Will Change What You see Through Eyes of Faith


Our vacation has taken a little detour. We had plans but the circumstances of the plans made for much prayer and consideration. Finally we felt that we should go in another direction.  And we did.  

As we rode I realized something. The mountains we traveled through and the road we traveled on are the same ones we’ve come through many times before. But this time was different. In fact, it was very enjoyable.  I’m just not fond of cliffs or hairpin curves but yesterday was exceptionally wonderful.   We met people, we shared Jesus, we encouraged lives and we laughed together.  We asked for divine guidance and He answered.  I asked for help to make it and He responded.

Sometimes when we’re going through the mountains of difficulty our only prayer is for relief.  Could it be that from time to time God wants us to grow through the trouble rather than be relieved of the difficulty? 

I discovered as I rode behind my husband on the motorcycle through the mountains that there are times when God just helps us get through it. Sometimes He teaches us a better way. Sometimes He allows a detour. Sometimes He changes destinations, outcomes and plans.

We want the circumstances to change.  We don’t like the difficulties, the strain, the stretch, the helplessness we feel when in the hard spot or on the difficult road.  God wants growth.  His desire is not to destroy us or to keep us going through the same path of trouble over and over. But His desire is that we will learn to rely on Him more and more, so that when we’re done with the road we’re on, we find that we know Him better and are able to actually thank Him for the good things that came, even while traveling the hard road.  

One thing I know for sure, regardless of the circumstances of life, just one touch from the Lord changes everything.  Just one touch from the Lord changes me.

We all face troubles. We all go through trials. We all have high places of suffering, difficulty and pain. It’s inevitable.  If we focus on the danger we may make it through but we’ll be miserable. But if we focus on the Lord, not only will He get us through it, He will give us joy in the midst of it all. He will give us a better outlook and purpose in it. We can relax and find blessings in the ride, even when it’s hard. The only way to do that is to let God touch it all. 

Oh beloved, run to the road map of life and read: The Bible is full of God’s promises for your trip.  He has the absolute best plans for you.  You may not understand the road you are on, but God knows every turn and every twist. He has gone ahead of you to prepare for your safety. He is behind you to encourage you to go on through.  He is within you to give you courage, strength and grace beyond your natural abilities.  He says I AM your way, I AM your truth, I AM your life. If you will trust Me, I will change what you see and give you eyes of faith to ride the mountains of difficulty, cruise the valleys of despair and survive the winds of change, the storms of life and the detours you never planned. 

God loves you and He’s with you all the way and that’s worth trusting Him wherever the road of life leads you, knowing it’s His touch that changes everything. 

2 Corinthians 5:7  for we walk by faith, not by sight. (NAS)

Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 

Hebrews 11:8 It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.

Isaiah 42:6 I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will brighten the darkness before them and smooth out the road ahead of them. Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them.


Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation.

No comments: