Monday, July 15, 2013

You Can Trust God Always!



When you ride on the back of a motorcycle you’re dependent upon the driver for everything.  For me, since I cannot and do not ride my own bike, I’m really dependent on Danny.  I depend on him for many things, from bathroom breaks to steep hills and curves breaks! I literally put my life in his hands every time we climb on the goldwing.  I admit when I first climbed on behind him in the 70’s I wasn’t so sure about His abilities! But I loved Him and so I went with him with my whole heart. 

Over the years he’s proved himself to be a top notch driver. We’ve been through sleet, snow, rain, fierce heat and winds. We’ve had blow outs, alternator trouble, battery issues, gas filter clogs and more. Every single time I’ve found myself in what I’d think was a tight spot, Danny has come through with ingenuity that I certainly did not have. There have been times I’ve been very afraid of the road but I’ve never been afraid of him.  I’ve laughed and cried and prayed and held my breath on the back of the motorcycle, but he’s always gotten me through it all. In all my life I’ve never trusted myself to another. I’ve never ridden on the back of a bike with anyone else and I’m glad.  I put my trust in him early on and he’s never let me down.  I believe Danny is the best motorcycle driver and husband there ever has been. 

When I first met the Lord and became a believer, I was not always sure of God’s abilities. But I gave my life to Him completely.   I put myself in His hands and let Him do the driving, the leading, the choosing and the blessing. He’s never once let me down. Oh there have been times that I just knew I wouldn’t live through it – the sorrow, the hurt, the mourning, the trouble – but each and every time He has proved Himself to be the absolutely perfect Savior, Master and Friend. My faith in Him has grown and grown. I find that I put more and more trust in Him and He’s always there for me. Not once has He left me on the roadside of life. Not once has He said He couldn’t get me through a problem. Not once has He let me down.  There is no other Savior like Him.

Oh beloved, today is the day you can trust God completely! He is worthy of your trust, your faith, your prayers and your thanksgiving.  He will not let you down on the highway of life even when others may fail you. He cannot fail you, even when the economy fails. Even when the sky grows dark, He will be your covering for the bad weather. Even when the strong hot winds of adversity blow against your tender skin, He is your shade and shield. Even when you can’t imagine how you will get through it, He is carrying you through it all.  He’s the only Savior worth trusting your life to. He’s the only Friend who loves you enough to guide you all the days of your life. If you will put yourself in His hands and let Him do the driving, leading, choosing and blessing – you will never be disappointed.

The Lord of Heaven and Earth loves you and He’s for you and that’s worth putting your life in His hands forever!

Psalm 33:20 We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield.

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and song; yes, He has become my salvation. (AMP)

Psalm 34:19 The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time.
Psalm 46:1 God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble. (AMP)

Psalm 9:10 And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God’s Word and the right of their necessity]. (AMP)

Proverbs 16:20 He who deals wisely and heeds [God’s] word and counsel shall find good, and whoever leans on, trusts in, and is confident in the Lord—happy, blessed, and fortunate is he. (AMP)




No comments: