Monday, July 01, 2013

A Marriage Made in Heaven!


When Danny and I got married I instantly had access to many things I didn’t have on my own. He had a truck, a car and a motorcycle.  He had furniture, a bank account and a savings account.  He didn’t keep his things to himself.  He put me on his checking account. It no longer read “Danny Beene”, but the checks said “Mr. or Mrs. Danny Beene”.  Really everything he had when we married, I was privileged to have access to when we said our vows.

No longer was I known by my maiden name. I took Danny’s last name as my own. I took his entire family as mine as well.  Although I’d never known my own grandparents, Danny shared his two grandmothers, his two grandfathers, and his great grandmother with me. There were aunts and uncles and cousins as well. Although I was born into my own family, because of our marriage, I became a member of a completely different family.  

Although they didn’t do everything the way I had been taught by my family traditions, I learned new ways of living and doing things. All in all, I made a commitment to take on his name, his family and his ways.  Literally, I was no longer my own, but I was his. Everything I had was his as well. I held nothing back – I gave it all to him.  Because I put all my trust in my husband, he took complete care of me. I really had no needs, for he provided everything for me.

When we’re born again, we become members of a completely new family – the family of God. This family is comprised of other believers who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ – to follow Him and live according to His precepts throughout the world. We have taken on His name, His nature and His identity. Everything that Christ has – we have access to.   We are no longer our own and as we hold nothing back and give everything to Him, He takes our lives and completely changes us.  Because of this amazing access to the riches and blessings and precepts of God, we have everything provided for us – we are completely taken care of all the rest of our lives.

Are you lacking anything this morning? Have you put your trust in Christ? Have you said yes, I do, to Him and given your whole heart to let Him live through you? Maybe you’ve been trying to meet your own needs – working, planning, doing – and still coming up short.  You may have been in relationships where the other party didn’t treat you so well.  Whether marriage, family or friendship – the other party kept back some of their love, their kindness, their compassion, their forgiveness. They stopped short of complete acceptance and complete commitment. 

Oh beloved, run to God’s Word and read! Rejoice in your marriage to Christ this morning! You who are in Christ are very rich indeed! He is speaking to your heart this morning and He says, beloved, all you have need of My hands have provided! All my good and perfect gifts I give to you from My Father.  Everything you will ever need for your physical and spiritual life I have provided.  I AM everything for you! I will be your access to perfect love, perfect peace and complete joy. I AM yours and you are Mine. I love you and because I laid down My life for you, all your past has gone into the grave with Me. I love you and because I rose to live again, you have a completely new life in Me.  I love you and because I live to make intercession for you, you are protected, provided for and redeemed. You are safe in My arms, always in My heart and always on My mind.  

 

Whatever your needs are this morning, beloved, give those needs to the Lord. He will either fix the situation, replace the broken condition or make all things new. Everything He does for you will be oh so very good because He loves you and He’s for you and that’s your access to all you will ever need, even all the way to heaven!

2 Corinthians 5:17-18  This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ...

2 Peter 1:3-4 By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the one who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence.  And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Colossians 1:12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to His people, who live in the light.

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.

No comments: