Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Is It Foggy Right Now?


It’s been foggy and rainy a lot lately. It’s just that kind of fall weather when staying inside seems the best choice. The leaves falling and the overcast skies hide the true colors of the leaves that are so brilliant in the sunshine.

The fog is so deceptive. It too hides things that are road hazards in your path. You get disoriented and it’s easy to miss the turns and bends in the road ahead. Try turning on your bright lights, which usually gives you a better view, and you find that the path is even more obscured.

Left to my own preference I’d just stay home until the dampness receded and the fog lifted. I prefer sunny days, especially in the fall. I don’t like to have to feel my way through the roads and hope that no deer suddenly appear in front of me.

We can’t choose the weather. We can’t tell the fog to burn off. We can’t make things happen just the way we want to. So we trust the weather and the effects of it to the One Who knows exactly what’s going on. We can’t see ahead many times for we are trapped in the heaviness of our situations. But we can trust that the One Who knows what is going on is also going to go before us and make the way passable.

Life often changes just like the weather. Sunny skies turn to darkened nights. This change makes us feel as though we are in a fog. We’re used to sailing through familiar pathways on to our comfortable lives. Then the fog rolls in. We’re caught without sight much further than right in front of us. It’s scary, it’s unnerving and we’re not sure if we’ll make it through. We’re not sure which way to turn so we have to slow down and proceed with caution.

God speaks to my heart: You don’t have to live in the fog. You just have to go through it. And you don’t have to go through this foggy season alone. I AM the light in the darkest night. I AM the beacon shining through the fog. You can’t trust the situation, you can’t trust people to help you, you can’t trust your own senses at times like this. But you can trust Me. This is the time you can grow in Me. Slow down and listen to My voice. I will direct you, I will counsel you, I will guide you through. While you see the foggy times as impossible situations, I will use them as times to teach you to trust Me more. I AM never going to leave you or forsake you. I will not allow this to be a time of destruction but of instruction. My love and power and mercy will get you through. Proceed with caution so that you can hear Me clearly for I AM always speaking protection, direction and care over you.  You may think the situation is so hurtful, wrong and unfair but when the fog lifts you will see that all things, even this, work together for your good.

Oh beloved, is it foggy where you are living right now?  Run to the Beacon of Love! Open your heart in prayer and your mind in trust! He’s not going to let you wreck, He’s not going to let you fall, He’s not going to let you live in the present situation. Don’t despair and don’t trust your senses. Trust God and sink your heart fully in His Word! At just the right time – His timing – He will bring you through the fog and into the sun again. It will lift and the beauty of a new day will be your reward. You will be stronger, more sure of your faith and ready to meet the road ahead with fresh determination. For what you learn in the foggy season, will be your message to others who need to know God’s abiding care.

God loves you and He’s for you so that you can proceed with Him through any weather as you let Him watch over you, guide you and keep you safe all the days of your life.

 2 Peter 1:19 So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

Psalm 19:8 The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.

No comments: