Tuesday, November 19, 2013

You are Indeed Beloved of God!



Forty one years ago today Danny and I had our first date. I know many of you don’t believe in love at first sight, but I will tell you this: once I met Danny face to face I never wanted to date anyone else and he felt the same way. Call it what you want, we clicked, we committed, we became a couple. I did everything I could to find out all about Him. His likes, his tastes, his hobbies, his feelin...gs about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The more we spent time together the more comfortable I was with him. The more I went out with him, the more I enjoyed his presence. He literally was perfect for me. I can tell you it’s been a wonderful life.

Thirty-one years ago I met Jesus. This too was love at first sight. Once I met Jesus face to face I never turned back. We clicked. I was committed. I began a lifelong plan to find out all I could about Him. I have studied to know His likes, His dislikes and more. I know His outlook on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I can tell you it’s been a wonderful life, living in Christ.

My life with Danny has managed to have a storybook ending in many ways, but we’re imperfect people making concessions for one another, overlooking faults and mistakes. We’ve learned a lot about things from one another. Because of Danny’s love for me I’ve learned about loyalty, faithfulness and truth. He will not lie no matter what. He remains my one and only love and I have remained His.

My life with Christ will have a storybook ending as well – the Book tells me that He is My one and only Savior. No one else will do. He is faithful to me and faithful to His Word. I’ve learned everything that’s worth knowing from Him. Because He loves me unconditionally, I know He can be trusted. His Word is true. He is my Savior and I love Him more and more each day.

Oh beloved, there are things you need to know about the Lord that you won’t know if you don’t give your life to Him completely. Halfhearted allegiance to Christ is about like being half married. And that’s not possible. He knows everything – everything about your life, about your challenges, about your disappointments and more. He knows more than you do – He knows how many days He has given you, what lies ahead and He knows how to love you unconditionally and yet completely. He’s not a man that He should ever lie. He is honor bound to His Word and His Word is honor bound to Him. You can trust Him with your whole heart for your whole life. No one else is so trustworthy. No one else can meet all your needs. No one else will be there for you no matter what. Whatever you are facing, He is with you for the long haul. Whatever you are dreading He will come in and walk with you. He is the Great I AM and He loves you.

He’s calling you today and He’s asking you to step up to a closer walk. It may seem a little fearful to put your trust in Someone like Him, but it’s worth it. He will take your life and guide you through every wreck, every valley, every mountain, every flood, every change in seasons, positions, friendships and more and stay with you all the way.

He loves you and He calls you beloved. He’s for you and He’s going to remain with you, on your side, forever. Pick up the Word and find out everything you can about Him. His love is real and His care is perfect and that’s all that matters as you live in the light of His love.

I John 4:9-10 God showed how much he loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

Psalm 117:2 For He loves us with unfailing love; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the Lord!

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, so He does not lie. He is not human, so He does not change His mind. Has He ever spoken and failed to act? Has He ever promised and not carried it through?

Psalm 33:18 But the Lord watches over those who fear Him, those who rely on His unfailing love.

Psalm 27:8 My heart has heard You say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming”

Psalm 139:17-18 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, You are still with me!

No comments: